Author Topic: Steve's cross  (Read 1726 times)

patch

Steve's cross
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:04:26 am »
Steve had this cross on his blog  http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2010_04_25_archive.html  I hope you don't mind Steve I put a twist on it Have a look at the plan on the Blog and this will make sense of line 1&3 cut at2deg. in a clock wise direction line
2 at 2deg. in anti clockwise direction and line 4 just a normal cut Hop you can understand what I did  

http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2010_04_25_archive.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:08:57 am by patch »

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
Re: Steve's cross
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 12:10:00 am »
looks great to me.

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:50:28 am »
Hi Patch,
Looks great. And yes I understand what you mean. Was planning on trying this pattern soon. Maybe I will try it both ways.
Thanks for sharing it.
David

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:32:57 am »
Great job I have a piece of chestnut screaming to be cut.  Thanks for the modification Idea.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

tgaspard

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:07:23 am »
Patch, I like how you modified that.  I hope you don't mind but I could possibly be using your modification technique on my next one, seeing how yours turned out neat.  Hmmm...think I hear some more cypress screaming for me out in the shop....LOL...

You really did a great job on the cross.  Thanks for sharing your completed product with us all here....

Tonya

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:18:43 am »
I have a dumb question.

Which way do I tilt my table top?  Right or left?  I can never keep that straight in my head.  Counter clockwise cut is left or right table tilt and clockwise is left or right on the table tilt?

What effect does each produce?

Is my question making any sense?  On the pattern if does not say it just infers by the arrows  to do a counter clockwise cut.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

tgaspard

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 08:24:08 am »
Yes, you are making complete since.  When I cut mine I tilted to the left and cut counter-clockwise.  And it turned out like Steve's picture for the pattern. 

Although, you can experiment on a scrap piece by cutting each way and write down the results you get when you experiment.  Just keep your paper in a safe place for future reference. 

That is basically how I do it.  But I am sure someone else with ALOT more knowledge will have a better answer than I, because my brain doesn't want to function at the moment.  Guess, I need more coffee!!!!!

Tonya

patch

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:32:50 am »
I have a dumb question.

Which way do I tilt my table top?  Right or left?  I can never keep that straight in my head.  Counter clockwise cut is left or right table tilt and clockwise is left or right on the table tilt?

What effect does each produce?

Is my question making any sense?  On the pattern if does not say it just infers by the arrows  to do a counter clockwise cut.
It does not matter which way you tilt your table as long as you leave it in that position on 1,2,3 cuts so in other words  
do cut no 4 first with table at 0Deg., then tilt table to 2Deg. and cut no 3 the do no2 in the opposite direction then cut no 1 the same direction as no3  hope this helps you

Just one other thing I use a no 5 Blade  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:36:01 am by patch »

Marshall

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 09:12:50 am »
Good Patch , like the change too .............Marshall

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 10:16:29 am »
Thanks Patch...I'm going to give it a go today...I hope.
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi