Author Topic: Key Rings  (Read 6584 times)

Marshall

Key Rings
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:20:13 am »
Here are some of my Key Rings that I made off of Steve's key ring printer program , they are already gone for they were presents to be given a way ........tell me what you think .....they are made out of 1/4" BB plywood and other hardwoods . I have noticed that on another web site the guy sells them made out of 1/2' material , and if I make anymore I think I'll try the 1/2" material also . Mr. Steve Good has been such a unbelieveable big help to me in my scrolling > my hats off to him ......Marshall   ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:22:24 am by Marshall »

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Key Rings
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:08 am »
Marshall,
Nicely done.  Isn't Steve the cats' meow?
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

kennybruzda

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:29:05 pm »
I also use Steves program however i ddo not make names .

Great work

chips

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:12:17 pm »
Kennybruzda,

Where'd you get your chain? Seemed like I traveled over half the State and all I'd get when asking for it was a blank look. I sure don't want to buy it in bulk from the only places I've seen on the web.

Pete

kennybruzda

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:53:12 pm »
Kennybruzda,

Where'd you get your chain? Seemed like I traveled over half the State and all I'd get when asking for it was a blank look. I sure don't want to buy it in bulk from the only places I've seen on the web.

Pete

I got them from www.findingking.com.

chips

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:09 pm »
I got them from www.findingking.com.

Thanks. Will give them a look. If you look long enuf you'll find most anything you want. The kicker is that it might take you forever to do it.  :)

Pete

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:31:07 am »
Home depot has the chain.  It is in the electrical section and sold as a pull chain for lights and ceiling fans.  They also sell packages of the links.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SawDust

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:19:21 am »
I found my chain in bulk at Ace Hardware and the clips as well.

SawDust

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:39:36 pm »
NIce work Marshall.  I use pieces of hardwood that I have laying around.  It is great to use up those pieces that are too small for much else.  I usually use 1/2 to 3/4 width.  I give them all away and a lot of the kids attach them to their bookbags.  I use spray lacquer because it dries so fast and use a brown paper bag to knock down the grain between coats.  Brown paper bags are just like super fine sandpaper.  They will shine up the piece after the last coat as well.

Barry

chips

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 10:16:17 pm »
 Bill, & Sawdust,

Thanks for the added replies. Not sure where the nearest Home Depot is but we do have an Ace Hardware in town. Will take a look there in the morning.

Pete

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 06:30:41 am »
Hi scrollers, I have used Steve's pattern maker for the key chains as well. I like to use peoples initials. People like it because it is more personal than the name. I usually make the piece and casually give it to them. I get a kick out of their reaction. I usually cut from scrap exotic wood like purple heart, teek or jatoba. I like it because there are usually only 2 or 3 letters to cut. I just completed an order for 36 fobs for a local cadet group with the corp call numbers on it. I use 1 inch material and slice it on my band saw after I cut the pieces. That way I got three fobs from the stock.
Remember let the saw do the work, your in it for the pleasure!!
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 07:51:33 am »
I had a problem with the chains, I searched every where locally. I even to the lottery booths to scrounge these scratch thingies they give away. On the internet I found a site that sold them for $40.00 for 100. I found more on ebay. A friend ordered them for my using his paypal acct and I paid him back when they came. The price was about $25.00 CDN for 200. Just search  "3 inch ball chain". Happy scrolling everyone.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

patch

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 12:29:06 am »
Here are some of my key rings thanks to Steve

Marshall

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 09:18:10 am »
Looks like they turned out nice Patch .................

patch

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 09:33:39 pm »
Thanks Marshall very hard to sell I put them out at $2.00 each

SMF

Teknoromi