Author Topic: Lucky Last  (Read 2616 times)

ToverT

Re: Lucky Last
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 03:52:55 pm »
I agree with GB on the eyes!  The very first one I attempted I found myself picking up John Lennon's eye off the floor just as I was about finished with the project.  A little dab of wood glue and he had immediate eye surgery.

Now, when I do a portrait I make a few "easy cuts" just to get the feel of the wood and get my groove on.  Then I go right for the eye's so if really mess it up, I don't have a lot of time invested.  That gives me a little piece of mind.

Lookiing at these eyes, they must have been very fragile to do.  Again, Good Job!!!!

Tommy T

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:42 am »
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the fantastic comments.  I love doing portraits, if I make a pattern it takes me ages because I use a black marker and liquid paper that's why I never volunteer to make patterns for people. By the time I''ve made one they''ve cut someone else's and moved on to the next project. Lol  I have been cutting portraits since 2000 and this is the first time I managed to loose an eye but I also managed to mingle it so it was not fixable, Lol I guess there is a first time for everything.  Thanks again

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Dean A

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:04:25 pm »
nice job on both the pattern and cutting. I need to learn to make patterns.

bampasr

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 10:58:11 am »
you did a great job.

SMF

Teknoromi