Author Topic: Christmas Angel  (Read 3836 times)

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
Re: Christmas Angel
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:19 pm »
Very good job!!! I have been working with scrollsaw for a few years and to this day I can not use a sprial blade.Guess I need to try again.

daliclimbs

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »
Nice work! I have been working on Christmas items since May. So you are not alone!

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 02:00:17 pm »
Sure like the way the Angel looks standing there.  Is it meant to hold a
small candle?  Looks Good for using a Spiral blade.  Never could get good at using them, so just gave um up for a lost cause.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 07:48:41 pm »
Sure like the way the Angel looks standing there.  Is it meant to hold a
small candle?  Looks Good for using a Spiral blade.  Never could get good at using them, so just gave um up for a lost cause.  Danny  :+}

This pattern is from the patterns found here. It does hold a small tea light candle. I still need to stain the wood, but other than that I think it turned out decent for my first spiral project. This was my 5th complete thing I have made with my saw. This week end I plan to work on some ornaments for Christmas and to continue some more on my intarsia project.

SeanR

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 06:36:35 am »
That is a really cool angel. I am still waiting on my FD- UR blades to come in so I can get started! I did a pumpkin ornament with the blade that came with the saw. Did not like the way it cut so I decided to wait for the good stuff hehe.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 09:53:50 am »
That is a really cool angel. I am still waiting on my FD- UR blades to come in so I can get started! I did a pumpkin ornament with the blade that came with the saw. Did not like the way it cut so I decided to wait for the good stuff hehe.

Well hope your new blades cut better. I spent a month just cutting big pieces into small pieces just to get the feel of how to use my saw better. I put several blades to the test by trying some pretty hard cuts. Made a bunch of nothing, but learned quite a bit about my saw and helped my skills some. Look forward to seeing your projects when you finish them.

jlatorre

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »
beautiful work, thanks for sharing

SMF

Teknoromi