Author Topic: another "I'm curious " poll  (Read 3405 times)

Rover2

Re: another "I'm curious " poll
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 07:04:50 pm »
I'm for both ways also.  It's just whatever I feel comfortable with at the time....Al

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 07:12:19 pm »
I cut both ways too.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 07:48:17 pm »

? Reply #10 on: Today at 10:20:34 AM ? Quote 

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The only time I even think about it is when the table is tilted and I'm stack cutting inlays on a project. Which brings to mind............."
            I do a lot of double bevel inlay and depending on which piece of wood I want to drop down into place or come up into place will determine which way I cut the image.  So I cut on either side of the image.

20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
I typically cut the left side, waste on the right.  The teeth are slightly more agressive on the right side, so I try to keep that in mind.  Depending on the cut, I also cut both ways.  It's all what a person gets used to.   
MOONIE

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 10:14:04 pm »
I go both ways, mostly depending on the particular cut. Sometimes I think ahead a lot when I drill my holes so they are in awesome places for ease of cutting, other times I just drill and figure it out later.

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »
I cut with the waste on the right, then I will cut with the waste on the left, but once in a while I will have to waste the whole thing.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:00 am »
If I use a flat blade i go clockwise, if I'm using a spiral I go counter clockwise.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 12:54:22 am »
I normally cut counter clock wise as the blade seems to cut better but it does not really worry me what ever suits
Jimbo

J,Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 06:55:46 pm »
I cut both ways as well.

dirts

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 07:24:28 pm »
I will stand on the 5th amendment but I prefer to stand in front of my scroll saw.  The only thing I can say is that the temperature and background music do not influence the speed or performance leading to the end.
Actually it does depends on how you look at it. I prefer to think of myself as being a straight cutter and focus on one line.
What was the question?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:29:37 pm by dirts »

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »
I think it is in relation to being left or right handed. Maybe it would be a good case study. All the lefties go to the left side of the room and all the righties go to the right side.  The people who are ambidextrous can sit back and count. Now lets count. I am sitting now with a beer to boot. That is my input. Have a good night everyone. ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »
I cut with the waste on the right side and I,m a lefty.

Jim

dirts

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 06:46:08 am »
There is just a fine line between sanity and insanity.  I believe with this question we are standing with one leg on each side of that line.  If no two people are genetically the same how can they all scroll saw the same way.  All patterns are identical but the end cuts are all different from each other.  cdrover do you have another beer for me. I prefer a glass over a boot.

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 12:00:28 pm »
I read another survey on this some time ago, but don't remember if it was on this board. General concensus was that one should cut counter clockwise, keeping the barbs on the saw blade pointed into the waste areas.  I'm a lefty, and realized I cut whichever way appealed to me at the moment, so changed my ways to cut counter clockwise.  But I now realize I've drifted away from that a bit.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

stipes

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »
I been cuttin both ways too. Just wondering , if you cut just one direction would it wear the set off that side of the blade faster? Ok,,I'm gettin tech. now. LOL!!!

SMF

Teknoromi