Author Topic: Signing scrollsaw work  (Read 1587 times)

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
Signing scrollsaw work
« on: December 16, 2019, 11:54:57 pm »
What does everyone use to sign their work.?  Engraver or some wood burning tool.
Looking for ideas and where to buy. Thanks Jim

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: Signing scrollsaw work
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 06:39:05 am »
Most scroll items I do not sign.  I am not a seller but if I did sell my items I would.

For some items that I am giving for a fundraiser, I use coins similar to what Steve sells.  (Steve does not ship to Canada so a guy in our club who has a laser does similar coins).  These are usually items like sports ribbon racks, bird house etc.

I am a turner and I do sign most of those items with a permanent ultra thin Sharpie marker.   I sign the year, type of wood and my name.

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 10:26:27 am »
Hi Woodcutter, I use Steve's signature coins if I want to sign my work when I choose, such as a special gift for someone.  Regards >> GLC in Cypress, Texas

Offline Billbo49

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 11:10:17 am »
I have a wood burning iron with my name and also use Steve’s coins ,depending on the space needed and the mood I’m in,I give all my projects away but I like my name on it

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 08:49:19 am »
I also have a wood burning tool with my signature on it plus I put a penny, with the current year, on the backside so the receiver will always know the year the Intarsia, or item, was made.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

SMF

Teknoromi