Author Topic: Inkscape  (Read 1502 times)

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
Inkscape
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »
I downloaded inkscape and wondered if and how to work in inches instead of metric.
How do you go about changing to inches

Thanks
Jim

countryscroller

Re: Inkscape
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:30:57 pm »
Go to file, then document properties, then the window will have a drop down on it for that. Also you may want to change the paper to "us letter" so when you print something it will be the same as on the screen. Hope that helps

Candi_D

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »
Not sure if this info will help anyone but thought I'd share. I'm a paper crafter, mostly using a Silhouette Cameo digital cutter... you can download their basic program for free from here: http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software.aspx

it would be great for resizing patterns, creating your own, etc. I actually plan to use many of my digital files for scrolling since I have an endless supply of silhouettes and things that will be perfect for fretwork. I'm already picturing gifts of scrolled designs and cards to match :)

*forgot to add, under preferences you can set what you want the measurements to be in

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »
Thanks for the info about changing Inkscape to inches

Jim

Offline me5269

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:45:07 am »
Jim
Once you get your main page setup (inches, page size, etc) save it to you desktop. then you can use that as a template to open inkscape and your settings will already be set. On my system, I had to save it as a svgz file to open in inkscape (the default svg file opens in explorer window).
- Mike

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 11:04:02 pm »
Learned something new about Inkscape today, been using it for a while and wanted to get rid of the inches and go to metric  ;). Thx.
Dawie

SMF

Teknoromi