Author Topic: Mini spray booth  (Read 1195 times)

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
Mini spray booth
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »
Made the little box for spraying adhesive on patterns and for applying finishes, paint, lacquer, shellac etc... It's about 20" high, wide, deep. There is a 4" air space (plenum) behind the filters (2) to help distribute the air evenly. It is vented to the outside of the house with a dryer type vent. The chain on top is for hanging small items. I will be lining the inside with butcher paper so I can replace it often. Here in Minnesota you can't always go outside to spray. :D
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Mini spray booth
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 06:28:55 am »
What a great idea! I need that in my shop! I have been thinking of building something and this will work. Also, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to make a dust collector for my sliding mitre saw. Any ideas?

Tony,aka,Toneman

old wormy

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:48:36 pm »
I would be afraid of this setup without an explosion proof motor on the exhaust fan.

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 11:31:32 pm »
I did do quite a bit of research before undertaking this project. The fan motor is outside of the airflow. I will use it for a minute, and then not again for days. I do not mass produce anything. Thanks for your concern. :)
Pete

From woodcraftmagazine.com

In order for a solvent
explosion to occur it must achieve a certain air/
solvent concentration. This is referred to as the
solvent?s lower explosive limit (LEL). As long as the
fan is operating before you start to spray, a basic
booth will make it almost impossible to achieve
the LEL. Sparks or no sparks, nothing will happen.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:32:51 am by jrpeteo »
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

SMF

Teknoromi