Author Topic: Posting photos from Google Photos  (Read 2584 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Posting photos from Google Photos
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:06:57 am »
It's been a while and guess I lost the skill. Today my cell phone pictures go to a repository on Google Photos, and any project photos are moved to a shared album of scroll saw project photos. Linking to these should not consume space on the blog servers except the few bytes of the link. I used to be able to add a link to a photo and it would pop up in the posted message but that doesn't seem to work anymore. I can post the URL using the Hyperlink button above, but it just shows the link rather than putting the photo in the message. Here's a sample:
    https://goo.gl/photos/2zGPLt4Ax7Ki4hX4A

If I try to post the picture using the Image button and providing the link, no good:

Can someone provide the right procedure for getting a photo from this URL to show up in the message?

Thanks.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Posting photos from Google Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:45:25 pm »
Ray after your picture is up on Google ( Very nice bowl btw ) if you right click on the image and choose copy image address
then back on the boards here click on the insert image and then put the image address that you copied in between the img tags you will be able to post that picture.  This is what I just did for the picture of your bowl.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 05:38:52 pm »
My son-in-law told me to do this.....
Pick the photo you want to show and when it enlarges there is copy thing (HMTL or something like that) at the bottom of the list. Right click and when it says "copied" click on "ctrl + c" then when you get to where you want to place it click  on "ctrl + v" and it is there. It doesn't show up as the picture until you hit "post" and reinter your message though.

Didn't explain that very well, but it works for me every time. :)
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 11:32:04 am »
thanks folks - I thought I'd done that, but there was an issue - the raw Google Photo was not yet moved to a shared album, so when I looked at the posting on the scroll site I could see it (via my Google credentials) but no one else could. The links that I later posted were after I moved those pictures to a shared album - I guess that's why it now works.

Here's another try...

EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi