Author Topic: Unable to make anymore patterns  (Read 3497 times)

Waddawood

Unable to make anymore patterns
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
I am no longer able to do patterns.  My printer and scanner aren't compatible with my new computer (Windows 7) and no way can I afford to buy a printer and scanner. :(

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Re: Unable to make anymore patterns
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »
are u sure? Did u check for new drivers in microsoft for ur printer/scanner? u need model #'s off printer.
GO PACK GO

Waddawood

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »
I checked everywhere.  I'll admit, I'm technologically limited, but from what I can find..there are no drivers, etc that are compatible with windows 7 for what I have.
My scanner is HP Scanjet 3300c and my printer is HP Deskjet 1000

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »
oops.... did u try HP driver updates... my bad.
GO PACK GO

Waddawood

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:23 pm »
Yes, I did try them first

Waddawood

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:07:21 pm »
Ok, disregard.  The obvious solution escaped me lol.  I'll just have to unplug my new computer and plug in my old one to do patterns.  Sigh..sometimes I'm kinda ignorant.  I don't have enough plugs to use both at the same time.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »
did u try to shut down pc. Plug in printers scanners and then start up pc??
GO PACK GO

Waddawood

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:10:20 pm »
I did that too lol.  See my last message.  What I'll eventually do when money allows is get a new printer and scanner and find some kind of graphics program to allow me to do my patterns.  Presently I use Paint Shop Pro 4 (to clean them up and color them in after scanning them in from paper drawings)...and I KNOW that won't be compatible with Windows 7.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:44:31 pm »
I don't know how true it is, but I was told if you email microsoft and tell them what equipment is not compatable with their windows 7, they send you a patch to make it work, they evidently brag that anything will work on their windows 7.  As I say I don't know how true it is, but it has to be worth an email telling them your printer/scanner wont work on it, they might just help.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 02:46:46 pm »
When I got my new laptop for my wood working office the printer I had would not work with the new computer.  I found out that the new computer is a 64 bit and the printer was only a 32 bit.  I finally found a deal at Best Buy for a printer that  would work.  It is a brother MFC 825, normally it is $150.00, but they had it on sale for $89.00, check on line at different big box stores and the local Sunday sales adds.

Offline Silver Sliver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:34 pm »
I recently installed Window 7 Professional (64 bit) on my laptop.  My HP Deskjet 940c works fine with the new system.  I went into Control Panel, Printers.  I clicked on "Add a Printer" and then looked for HPDeskjet 1000.  It was there.  BTW 1000 comes before 940, LOL.  I did not find anything for your scan jet.  You might try that.

Waddawood

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 02:18:12 am »
It had HP inkjet 1000 but not Deskjet 1000.  I appreciate you trying though.

oohlookitsarabbit

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 01:59:49 pm »
HP made a conscious decision not to support their older scanners and printers for Windows 7. I have an HP Deskjet 1220C which allows custom page sizes I use for making pages for my stamp albums. They support a generic driver which doesn't allow me to use any of the custom features. I talked to the "support" staff and their only "help" was the model number of a new printer I could buy with custom page features. Instead, we maintain one computer with windows XP which allows me to use my HP scanner, printer, sewing machine computer interface, die cutter, and carvewright.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 02:35:53 pm »
Hi Charlie i found an german site with driver for many HP Printer here the download link    http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2009/07/4189_1228a7cf7b1aac21346b20cb6e21db409dde9e72.cab

and here the site
http://hamsterhirn.de/index.php/2010/12/hp-drucker-treiber-fur-windows-7/

i don't know if it works.

For your Scanner look here, mabe it helps.
http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=26671&page=4

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 04:40:10 am »
I found a HP install wizard for windows 7

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL36658/oj-100441-1/HPPIW.EXE

maybe this works.

find that HP doesn't has Win7 in the driver list for the 3300c scanner. it ends with XP.

good luck!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi