Author Topic: Saxaphone Silhouette  (Read 4027 times)

ufgator

Saxaphone Silhouette
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:01:22 pm »
Does anyone have a silhouette pattern of a man playing a saxaphone?  I have searched the internet and don't seem to be able to find one.  My Grandson's birthday is next month and he plays the sax.  I'd like to make something for him. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
PS:  Love the new to me DW788!

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Dawie

Re: Saxaphone Silhouette
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 02:12:43 am »
Hallo Bill,
I don't have a picture but a suggestion. What I sometimes do if I cannot find the silhoutte I am looking for I search on google pictures for what I want and normally find a picture that is suited, as I only make a silhoutte of it, the person/animal in the picture is not reconisable so I don't think that is a problem. Maybe there are people who beg to differ on this topic, feel free to let me know, maybe I can learn from your thoughts.
You could also make a saxophone and add his picture to it somehow.
David

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:17:59 am »
Here is a quick one I drew up this morning.  I don't know if it is what you are looking for.  I thought you could have musical notes or symbols 'coming out' of the end of the sax to make it more interesting.  Let me know if it will work for you.  (As I said, it is simple, but you may like it)   You could also cut musical notes from the frame or add the name or morph lettering if his name coming out of the sax. If you like that idea, let me know his name and I will give it a try for you. :)  

Sheila

PS. I am attaching it as a JPEG and PDF because I don't know which one is preferred. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:44:29 am by scrollgirl »
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

ufgator

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:09 am »
Sheila; Thank You! I think that could be just what I need.  I like the idea if his name in coming out of the sax.  His name is Joshua if you can do it for me.  Your time, talent and effort is greatly appreciated.

Bill

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 08:08:58 am »
Sure will!  Can you give me until later today?  I have some things I am trying to finish up for the site and I should be able to get to it by this afternoon.  I am happy to help!  This was an easy one and I got up a little early this morning!  ;)
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

ufgator

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:02:58 am »
Absolutely!  When you have the time.  I have till next month for his birthday.  Again, I appreciate your help!

Bill

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:47:02 am »
Here's what I came up with.  I forgot to ask if you are cutting out the silhouette and lettering or doing them as overlays.  These are more geared for overlays, as they will have 'floaters' in the letters and musical symbols.  You could do a backer of thin wood such as BB or Veneer and cut the pieces individually and glue them on. You could also connect the floaters on the lettering and the symbols if you want and do it that way.  Your choice.  I hope the distortion on the name isn't too much.  I wanted it to look 'flowing'.  If you need revisions, you can email me and I will touch it up for you.  Let me know how it turns out and post a pic when you are done.  Have Fun!  I hope I helped. :)

Shiela

Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

tgaspard

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:51:05 am »
Sheila, that is great job you did on that pattern.  I have a son who also plays the sax.  If you don't mind I would like to use the first pattern you made for him if it is possible. 

Tonya

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:53:35 am »
Sure, Tonya:

It is for anyone who would like to use it. :)  Have fun!
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

tgaspard

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 09:58:32 am »
Thanks!  I sent you a PM...

ufgator

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 10:23:59 am »
Sheila; This is Fantastic! I think I will cut it out the silhuette and lettering and mount on a backer.  Beautiful job. I could not have come up with a better idea. Thank You again!!!!!

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Dawie

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 03:50:03 pm »
Sheila very nice pattern.

chtimi35

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 03:29:07 pm »
j'ai ce mod?le pour vous

cloetpatrick

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13:20 am »
 ;) We can draw several models from this

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »
Yes, http://images.google.com is great for pics.  Just be specific about what you're looking for.  Good call cloetpatrick

SMF

Teknoromi