Author Topic: Star of David pattern needed  (Read 2866 times)

SamCec

Star of David pattern needed
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:40:39 am »
Does anyone have a Star of David pattern I can have?

Thanks,
Sam

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
Re: Star of David pattern needed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:27:51 pm »
A six point star is easy to make, but what are you looking for in your Star of David?

Norm

SamCec

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:03:14 pm »
A six point star is easy to make, but what are you looking for in your Star of David?

Norm
Norm: I really don't know the answer to your question. Maybe this will explain: I have some Christian ornaments that Scott put out. I have the CrossHeart and the Praying Hands. A friend of mine who is of the Jewish faith, said to me "What about the Star of David?".
So I would like to cut one out and present it to my friend.

Sam

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:53:34 am »
Hi Sam
I knew Steve had a pattern somewhere here's the link.http://www.stevedgood.com/holiday.pdf
I also checked my patterns and found some I downloaded from free sites. Hope these are of help.
David

Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:18:56 am »
Sam

I created the Star of David by taking 2 triangles and putting them together. The I made copies on a machine that could enlarge the pattern until it was the size I wanted. I then cut the star and mounteh it on a base.

Dan

SamCec

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 04:38:21 am »
Dawie: Thank you. That first one is exactly what I needed.

To everyone else, thank you for your help.

Sam

SamCec

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 05:06:30 am »
Here is the finish pattern I am using. I hope it "uploads". I don't see any "upload" buttom.

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 05:34:46 pm »
Sam, I like how you put it together.  I will definitely use it.

David, thanks for adding the patterns.  I like them and will look at using them.

Norm

SamCec

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »
Sam, I like how you put it together.  I will definitely use it.

David, thanks for adding the patterns.  I like them and will look at using them.

Norm
Norm: I'll be glad to. I need to go out tonight but I will do it in the morning.
Sam

SamCec

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:41 am »
Norm:
Would you believe this is shot number 4 of me trying to post these instructions. I'm having a problem with this site but I will post them later.

Because of these problems, I am going to send the instructions in 2 parts.

THIS IS PART-1:

Attached is a "zip" file of the final output. It's in ".cdr" format. I'm sending this in case you don't have the time to do the following steps.

To do these instructions, you need two pieces of software.
1. Cool PDF Reader -- this is a free download. http://www.pdf2exe.com
2. Corel Draw -- I use version X4

After you install Cool PDF Reader:
1. Start the application.
2. Menu --File > Open
3.open the pdf file you want to use. I opened Steve's "Star of David" pdf file.
4. Menu (2nd line where there are icons) click the "right arrow" twice (it's the 7th one from the left). This should put you on Page-3 of the pdf.
5.  Menu: File > Save As....
6. give the file a name: I used "Star of David" (no quotes)
7. Change the File Type to: Encapsulated Postscript File (*.eps)
8. Click Save.

You are now done with Cool PDF Reader.

If you need Steve's PDF, send me your e-mail. Even zipped it's to big to send on this forum.

Look for next post--PART-2

Sam

SamCec

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 06:00:43 am »
Norm:
Hey Part-1 finally went through

THIS IS PART_2

Using Corel Draw
1. Menu: File > New
2. Menu: File >Import - you want to Import the ".eps" file you created in Part-1.
3. Using the Ellipse Tool, draw a circle the same size as the "outer" circle in the .eps drawing. To fine-tune the size of the circle, use the object boxes on the top. I set mine to 5.0
4. Move the new circle exactly over the "outer" circle on the .eps drawing.
5. Select the old drawing (the .eps drawing)
6. Menu: Effects > PowerClip > Place Inside Container
7. A fat arrow will appear in the drawing area. Using your mouse, touch the tip of the arrow to any part of the Power Clip Container (this was made in steps 3 and 4 above). When you click the mouse, this will "pop" the old drawing inside your Power Clip container.
8. On the screen, what you will see now will be the old drawing minus the old text. The old text being outside the perimeter of your Power Clip will not show.

(Optional) The next step is just to add a Base Plate.
9. Using the Rectangle Tool, draw a base plate and position it where you want it.

(Optional) The rest of the steps are just to add new Text to the Power Clip container.
10. Click on the Text Tool, select the font and size you want and type the new text.
11. Menu: Text > Fit To Path.
12. A fat arrow will appear in the drawing area. Touch the arrow to the Power Clip container where you want the text to appear. You can drag the text until it's positioned where you want it.

Save the drawing.

You are now done and have your new cdr. Do anything you want to with it. I sometimes resize them.

GOOD LUCK. If you have any problems, please contact me.
Sam

SMF

Teknoromi