Author Topic: Wood Bracelet  (Read 2923 times)

sp_343

Wood Bracelet
« on: July 10, 2010, 12:29:21 pm »
Good Day all!  I was wondering if anyone had a good pattern for making a wooden bracelet.  I know Steve has one on his site and there is also one in the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Issue 38 from Spring 2010.

Has anyone made one, tried to make one, have a pattern link, etc...

Thanks in advance! ;D

Dawie

Re: Wood Bracelet
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »
Sorry can't help you out checked my favourites but nada. But if I come across one I will sure let you know. Hope you get the info you want.
David

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »
I have cut a few from Steve's pattern and then cut a 'face' for it from a contrasting wood. I cut crosses in the face or you could put in some letters in it if you wanted too.
The only problem is, if you get it too thin, they will break easly and it depends on the wood and the way the grain is running.
Just do as I do and cut a few trying different things. Think 'Out Side The Lines' .  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:02:28 am »
Hallo sp was checking out Sue Mey"s site and saw these and thought of you. Here's the link
http://www.scrollsawartist.com/scrollsawpatterns/miscellaneous.htm
David

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:59:07 am »
Roger...what wood did you use?
I tried one from oak and it was too brittle and broke on me when I tried to put it on.
I'm thinking maybe of Maple?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:56:44 pm »
Roger...what wood did you use?
I tried one from oak and it was too brittle and broke on me when I tried to put it on.
I'm thinking maybe of Maple?

~~~GB~~~

I think maple might work. I used walnut and popular (too soft) and oak (which is too brittle as you said)
If you look at Steves pattern, you will notice several different sizes to try. But also, you might try making the openining a bit wider. It is all trial and error.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

sp_343

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
Thanks David...that looks great...I was just about to go "looking" when I was done here...

Thanks for the link!

BigE

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 12:38:21 am »
Maple works the best for links. Drills nice and accepts pins to hold them together. I made a watch band once. Don't have a pic of it though. Don't really need a pattern. Just two parts. The I shape and the center. Each link is slightly rounded so they will flow with the curve of your wrist. I copied a picture of a Rolex stainless band on their divers watch. Probably see it on their web site. I called it a woodlex then. Ha....
BigE

SMF

Teknoromi