Author Topic: Hello from Arkansas!  (Read 2285 times)

Offline kizer1

• View Profile
Hello from Arkansas!
« on: October 12, 2015, 08:46:30 pm »
I'm a brand new scroller.  I purchased a used Hawk 226 vs. off Craig's list Tuesday. It looks brand new and is very smooth.  So far I'm really enjoying it!!  I have so many question I don't know where to start.  But for tonight I just wanted to introduce myself and read a lot of the questions already asked in the forum.  Looking forward to being able to make my kids and grandkids some neat presents. ( I hope you can teach an old dog new tricks) :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Arkansas!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 06:50:03 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas. You are starting with a very nice saw.  Glad you've joined us.

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:03:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum! You made a wise choice on a saw for a beginner, Sir! You won't regret a minute of it! The folks at Hawk are more than willing to help you with all your questions. They also have a vast parts availability for repairs to the saw. I've got a 220 VS myself. My name is Brad. Enjoy your ventures!!
Sawdust703(Brad)

Offline kizer1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 10:17:01 pm »
Thanks for the welcome Brad. I am truly enjoying my Hawk.  Made three little projects today, still braking a few blades.
I hope with more practice that will get better!!  Any pointers you can send my way will be greatly appreciated.

thewoodartist

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 09:34:45 am »
Hello from a fellow arkie... Not sure where in the natural state you are but I'm in the Fort.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 10:40:31 pm »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline kizer1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 10:55:06 pm »
I live in the Russellville area.  Thanks for the welcome.

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
Welcome to the forum, i am Pierre from Qu?bec,Canada.
Pierre

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 02:18:42 am »
Welcome, Kizer1!  Good find on the big Hawk!  I once lived in AR (30+ years) and have a Hawk, too!  If you've made 3 projects already and broken some blades, it sounds like you're hooked already.  Did anyone mention how habit forming this hobby is?  Beware.
I live in the Russellville area.  Thanks for the welcome.
  Say hi to Nuke 1 for me.

Hello from a fellow arkie... Not sure where in the natural state you are but I'm in the Fort.
Hey, Wood Artist, are we talking Fort Smith?  Place was 63,000 pop. when I arrived there in '73.  Little different now, I believe.  Who's there to sell you woodworking supplies?
Scrolling has its perks

SMF

Teknoromi