Author Topic: Stand for scrollsaw  (Read 2202 times)

PoppaRob

Stand for scrollsaw
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »
Hello,

a few weeks ago someone was looking for a stand to build as I was, i found one that might be of use, I have a rar file of the page and its just under 300kb, don't know how to get it smaller right now,

If anyone wants to get a copy post here and I'll send you an email with it attached, this out of the 2010 best-ever workshop jigs tips and ideals,

If someone wants to tell me how to get this at the 128 kb or do it, I'll send it to you,

Poppa Rob, tired and going to bed,

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Stand for scrollsaw
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:54 pm »
Emailing a 300 kb file should be no problem at all.

Most mail programs allow at least a 5 MB file transfer.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

PoppaRob

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:37:12 pm »
Yes GrayBeard,

But this site only lets you post an attachment up to 128kb, I have to convert this from XPS file to an JPG, well thats what we are trying to do, lol

I think I got it reworked and if so it should show up on this post, lol, I'm hoping,

Yes the sucker is on here, a round of beers for me, myself and I, Oh and also for the lady in the front row that helped me do it, lol, Miss Linda has done it again folks, lol, and her little dog TC too, lol

Poppa Rob, party time is here, also a good nights sleep, I hope, I am so tried and medicated for the pain of the last few days,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:44:39 pm by PoppaRob »

PoppaRob

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »
Ok,

I downloaded it to my computer and looked at it, you can make out most of it I think, if anyone wants a better copy ask here and I 'll send it out to you, I'll also post when I am sending it out and to who, I'll try to make a better image tomorrow, replace this one,

Poppa Rob, bed here I come, gone

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:22:38 pm »
Hey Rob, you can post a link to the page. If you don't have the address, I'll find it for you. I built that stand many years ago for my Dremel scroll saw. I now have my 1x30 belt sander on that stand.
Ok, here it is: http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/scrollsawing/scrollsaw-stand/
It's not the exact page, but it is the same plan.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:27:13 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

PoppaRob

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:31:02 am »
Dan,

Thanks for the help, I was going through my downloads of magazines from a few weeks ago when it was raining and saw this in the magazine,

I'll still try to make a better file to send out to people and to keep for myself, pdf if I can find the right program, like everything is lost right now or misplaced, lol, have a new computer to use soon, Miss Linda got a new gaming computer for her graphics and I got her old computer to use for my new toys to play with, draw6, PSPx4, some cad program from corel, the pattern software that is on steves site, like 3 programs, all about patterns, just downloaded it don't know what is used for or how yet, mostly I wanted to play some pc games I been wanting to play for over 2 years, lol

Right now if anyone wants the .xps file I have on this build from the magazine just post me, I have 2 people so far and I hope to here back from them on how that turned out,

Ok, coffee is ready and I am going to get with it today in the shop, enough has been done so I can work on some wood and I am going to take my camera out there too so you can see my mess I will still have to get into better order when i feel better,

Poppa Rob

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:18:02 pm »
I posted this some time ago.  It works well for me.

http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=3555.0
best regards,

Bud Prine

PoppaRob

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »
Hey Bud,

Nice stand, but man the salt in the pic's, you must live in the north, lol, salt bags holding everything down, lol, been there, done that,

I will keep some of the pic's you posted for my records when I do get around to building a more stable stand, the one I posted was simple and fast to build and I'll use it later for my grinder sharpener or buffer once I get my shop done, lol, like never, lol

when I posted I was hoping that more people would post their stands or what ever they have to make the scroll saw more useable, comfortable to use maybe a better term, lol

I hope to see more post from you and others on what works for you and what you have learned in what ever time you have used a scroll saw,

Still working on shed and getting some better ideals on how to go about it, thanks to people like yourself,

Poppa Rob

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 12:42:50 pm »
Here is what I built for my DeWalt....
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 07:16:43 pm »
Hi PoppaRob

I do live "up north" just outside of Detroit.  That's not the reason for the salt bags though. 
We get our water from a well with hard water.  The salt is used in the water softener.  I reuse the bags for trash.  They work great and don't cost anything.  (Unless you call the salt free).

Bud
best regards,

Bud Prine

SMF

Teknoromi