Author Topic: Click -N-Lock  (Read 7621 times)

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
Click -N-Lock
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:08 am »
Hi All,
A couple of weeks ago I bought the new Click -N- Lock From Big Foot Products.  It is the best thing I have had in a long time.  It is for the DW788 & Delta 40-690 Scroll saws.  All you have to do is loosen the blade tension lever and lift and it will lock in place.  and when you get ready to saw just lift out on the lever and the arm will drop into place.  The click -N- Lock is out of the way of your blade tension lever too.  I can say I have saved time while cutting too.  Check it out at Big foot Products for yourself.  They have a video on it to show you how it works.   I  have to say it is the best thing I have bought in a long time.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Re: Click -N-Lock
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:58:46 am »
 I also like the  dust attachment for the Dewalt, might secide to order one.  edward

Becky

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »
$24.95.  The EZ Lift from Jim Dandy is just $19.95 and you don't have to fuss with the wing nut.  Lift the arm and it just stays up.  Only the slightest pressure to put it up or back down. 

I am not affiliated with them in any way but I do really like my EZ Lift. 

http://www.jimdandy.com/products.html

Scroller Joe

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:54:04 pm »
I've been in the market for an arm support for a while now and after looking at all the arm lift solutions on the web I decided to go with the Lifter from www.papasworkshop.net.  And boy is it slick.  It seems that some serious design went into this one.  I've only had it a couple of weeks now but it's super easy to use.  And it looks like it will last forever.

Becky

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:06:01 am »
I hadn't heard of that one (though of course I quit looking for options after buying something).  Glad it is working well for you.  I did the wood block thing for a long time.  Now I can't even imagine dealing with that hassle ever again.

Offline scotti158

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:52:35 pm »
I have a spring and chain going to the floor joist above my saw. Lift the arm, it stays, lower the arm, it stays. The parts were just laying around in my garage so cost was $0.
Tilt-O-Scroll DW788 Owner/Operater

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 09:02:44 pm »
Yep...  these  type of additions  are sweet.    My  Delta has a built in upper arm lock
button that does the trick.   That  was the main reason I purchased the Delta at  the time.
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 10:25:51 pm »
I tried to come up with my own home-made lift and couldn't think of anything simple enough so I bought the EZ lift for my 40-690.  I'm intrigued and impressed by the other arm supports, both commercial and home-made.  The EZ lift, the Click-n-Lock, and the Lifter show real innovation.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:41 am »
$24.95.  The EZ Lift from Jim Dandy is just $19.95 and you don't have to fuss with the wing nut.  Lift the arm and it just stays up.  Only the slightest pressure to put it up or back down. 

I am not affiliated with them in any way but I do really like my EZ Lift. 

http://www.jimdandy.com/products.html
Becky, I have the EZ lift arm for a few years and love it. It was easy to put on and easy to use.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:24 pm »
Ditto on the EZ Lift.  It and a foot switch are pretty close to must haves, for me.

Barry

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 08:56:35 am »
I simply ran a length of parachute cord from the arm, up to the ceiling, across a couple of pulleys, and then attached about six pounds of weight to the cord.  I lift - it stays, I lower - it stays.  Works for me and the cost was about 10 minutes of my time.

Hope all have a decent day.

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

puzzlemaker

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 12:33:16 pm »
I didn't here anyone mention the"Lever Lift" from Big Foot Products at http://www.bigfootproducts.ca/index.html. I have it, only $12.95, assembles in one minute, remove and replace one bolt. Works for me.

Pat

Joe Scroller

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:19 pm »
I bought the Click-N-Lock from BigFoot Products also.. It works great and it's really simple to install it.
Took only a couple of minutes for me.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 12:49:33 am »
I got a Click N Lock for my birthday and I LOVE it.  Best thing since sliced bread.  I am also thinking of getting the dust attachment.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

sullycroller

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:40 am »
I too went from a ceiling joist but used a bungie cord. works great and cost was $0

sully

SMF

Teknoromi