Author Topic: Learned a valuable lesson  (Read 1643 times)

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
Learned a valuable lesson
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:25:42 pm »
I was working on a project the other day that I have been working on/off  for the past 5 or 6 weeks. Since I am still fairly new to this hobby and still  trying to find my groove....    I  was  cutting  at  a  very slow speed.    Well,   just  as  I  was  getting to a very delicate section....  I  pushed just a little to hard, causing the blade to wander and Broke
my project.

I still  had a lot of cuts to do so I decided to expeirement since I couldn't wreck it any more.   I  put in a fresh blade, turned up my speed to about 3/4, increased my tension a bit.   I am now a scrolling fool.    I  have stopped pushing and have lots more control.  It is much more enjoyable now!!    Still  trying to find my groove... But there is light at the end of the tunnel.    ;D
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Learned a valuable lesson
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:10:56 pm »
You are exactly right! More speed and more tension gives more control, just do not rush! I have found on my EX21 that about 90% speed gives me a comfort zone.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »
Good to hear you are working it out!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »
We have all broken projects at some time, but it's great that you worked out what was wrong and sorted it. now it's just a case of plenty of practise.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »
It is called Designer Fire Wood. We all have made it a few times. LMBO  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi