Author Topic: Intarsia question...  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Lorace

• View Profile
Intarsia question...
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:07:48 pm »
Hello,  I am VERY new to scroll sawing,  I want to try the intarsia of the cheese and mouse.
Hope you can understand my question.  but if I cut the mouse and cheese out.  and just use normal ol pine,  and them paint it... and do not do the ... fancy.. what ever you do to make it
so neat looking.   will it turn out.,  until I can learn and try it as " Intarsia"
Think Im asking if I just cut a Intarsia pattern out.  will it work without doing the fancy sanding.
Thank you

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: Intarsia question...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:19:46 pm »
If you just cut it out, paint it and leave it flat it's called Segmentation. But, to answer your question it is possible to make a very presentable Segmentation project and a lot of people will love it. It's a good way to start, especially if you use different pieces of Pine or cut your pieces from different areas of the board, paying attention of grain direction instead of placing the pattern in one spot and cutting the whole project without moving it.   

The "Fancy" sanding is what gives your project the 3D look. When you do that you'll find it's much more rewarding. It makes the subject come alive.

After you cut a few flat projects I would encourage you to start doing the extra sanding required to turn your project into a piece of art.

Hope this answers your question.  If you want more detail or have a more questions I'd be glad to answer them. You can contact me at "intarsia92@gmail.com"
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Lorace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:20 pm »
thank you. that answerd it

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:47:14 pm »

SMF

Teknoromi