Author Topic: Wood for Intarsia in Scotland  (Read 1060 times)

normcat

Wood for Intarsia in Scotland
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:22:18 am »
This might be of interest to people living in the central belt of Scotland. I have just been to a wood supplier called Reids in Glasgow and they have a great selection of different woods in small pieces ideal for intarsia. Unfortunately they don't do mail order so this info is really only usefull if you can get to Glasgow.

rob roy

Re: Wood for Intarsia in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:01:48 pm »
Hi Normcat,have you ever tried Lanarkshire Hardwoods at Carnwath,or is it too far away for you. They sell quite a lot of off cuts in various timbers and sizes,
most of which are indigenous species. I think they do mail order also. Hop this might help.
Rob Roy.

normcat

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:01:31 pm »
Hi rob roy,

No I havn't, although heard about them. They are not that far according to the map but Glasgow is much quicker. Actually had forgotten all about them, thanks for the reminder. Might take a run out when the weather is better.

Norrie

rob roy

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:25:46 pm »
Hi Normcat, if you get over to Carnwath once the dodgy weather has improved, I would be very grateful if you could let me know what it's like. You would think that after 50 years in the trade I would have plenty of the stuff lying about. Afraid it's all been used up or given away. Thanks again Normcat.
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi