Author Topic: BMW K100RT Intarsia  (Read 1898 times)

Claymore

BMW K100RT Intarsia
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:31:44 pm »
Hi,
Finally finished this motorcycle Intarsia  :) its been hanging around for quite a few months and I have kept doing a bit inbetween doing my other Projects so I decided I had to finish it before starting on my next large project.
Its a BMW K100RT 1985 and I have had 4 of the real ones amongst my other bikes and love them. Its made from Oak/Beech/Walnut and finished with an Iroko seat and measures approx 15" x 13" and 1 1/2" and contains...... 250+ pieces  :shock: hence reason its been a slow project lol.
Its also the first project to incorporate my first bit of woodturning, if you look closely the walnut forks and handlebars were turned on my micro Proxxon Lathe.... ok not exactly rocket science but I actually bought the lathe to make parts for a future bike project (Brough Superior SS100) which has lots of turned parts to make. I also included an old BMW badge off my bike and made an Oak frame for it. some of the parts are only 4mm x 2mm but the scroll saw is the ideal tool to do it, I have to hold the parts with my molegrips and this enables me to do the tiny work (try using some pliers or molegrips its quite easy and no chance of cutting your finger end)
Oh well hope you like it.
Cheers
Brian

Offline ALG

• View Profile
Re: BMW K100RT Intarsia
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:24:27 pm »
One nice piece of work. good job   

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 02:48:39 am »
Great work, Brian,
Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 06:53:30 am »
Great work.
Thanks for sharing!
Pierre

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 11:57:04 am »
Your Intarsia looks Awesome!!!  It's one of the best projects I've seen in a long time.

Congratulations.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Claymore

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »
Thanks everyone!  enjoyed making this one but some of the tiny bits sent me cross-eyed while cutting lol

Brian

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 06:14:15 pm »
Brian, you have done an excellent job of the BMW!!!

Well done mate!

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi