Author Topic: Last fair  (Read 1000 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Last fair
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:29:11 am »
This the last fair for the year and sales were down by 1/2 on last year, it was a disappointment to what would have been a good year in sales, the weather was lousy windy and cloudy until 10-30 then it cleared and was a good day but it was too late and the early birds did not come, as you can see we had to tie the table cloths down and I had to shift the tall clocks from the riser as they were blowing over
Jimbo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:32:54 am by jimbo »

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Last fair
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 05:05:17 am »
Outdoor fairs and sales are difficult.  I used to do a Farmer's Market every Saturday in Annapolis Royal, which was about half hour up the coast from where I lived.  We were overlooking the ocean and it was beautiful on those sunny, warm days but there were more days when it was windy or even foggy which also ruined lots of stuff.  I stopped doing it because I would have to keep re-doing the cards for my pins, as they would run from the fog and many days it rained and was windy or bad out and just not worth it.  I think you have to be really 'lucky' to do outdoor sales.  Every time is taking a chance.  Your display looks nice, but I am sure it is hard to keep up with the wind and all. 

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:41:23 am »
I stopped doing shows years ago. Sales around here have never been that good. To bad the weather didn't cooperate.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:37:52 am »
Sorry to hear that things did not go well for you.  Two things you cannot depend upon, the weather and fickle customers.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi