General Category > The Coffee Shop

Add glue to exterior paint

(1/2) > >>

dirts:
I have been experimenting by adding a full container of Ultimate outdoor carpender glue to a gallon of exterior paint.  I use that because reviews give it good performance.  I'm trying to eliminate bubbling, cracking and kick the adhesion up.  It mixes with no problems and doesn't set it up.
On my steps it pretty durable but the sand attached to soles and sands it off.  I think I'm going to cut a scrapper mat and put a strip on each step and put a full runner to the door.

I have also been trying ceramic paint additive.  Been in existence for alot of years and I can't find negatives.  It aclaimed to have an R factor of 30.  We'll see.  Theres definately a differnence in feel.  The painted walls are warmer then my non ceramic interior walls.

Food for thought

iggygiles:
           Don?t know where you live Dirts, but here in the UK, we have been using watered down PVA glue as a size before painting concrete floors and roughcast walls for years, it also acts as a stabilizer and sealant that helps to reduce the amount of paint required on newly rendered walls.  I don?t recall anyone having actually mixed it with the paint though.     Iggy   

dirts:
Thanks iggy for sharing that.  It reinforces my use, especially here in Northern Wisconsin although our winter weather has been fantastic from my point of view.  Mid February and were going back up into high twenties this week instead of the usually bitter cold.
Two years ago I painted my bird feeder with Ultimate wood glue and its weathering nicely.
Thats how I got the idea of adding fabric adhesion glue to the fabric paint for printing clothes with scroll saw patterns.  I just felt that it would up the durability.
Have a great day.

iggygiles:
    Hi Dirts, please don't talk abuout high twenties, I lived in Africa for 14 years and have been back in the U K for 50 and still miss the sun, especially in Jan ,Feb. Hope your idea works and has very long legs, you may be on to a winner there. Iggy  8)  ;D

dirts:
I have vinyl siding on my house and places where I once used paint thinner to remove spills are now showing metal. Its not big bare spots its a blueing.  I looked up paint and I found a site that suggested using Acrylic Urethane paint.  But then I found a 3m metal acrylic urethane metal primer.  So here we go again.  Another experiment this spring.  Add a little this and add a little that and wallah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version