Author Topic: New Member from Eastern Ontario  (Read 1764 times)

ShadowB6

New Member from Eastern Ontario
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:11:25 am »
Hello Everyone; I'm from Cornwall Ontario and have been scrolling on & off for approximately 12 years now. Started out with a 16" SS Ryobi and wore it out. Thank God because it scared the living beejesus outta me everytime I broke a blade. Recently I came across a Dremel 1800 (I know - obsolete) but it was still in the box, never used. And for a great price. Not a bad medium range saw but it leaves me yearning for more as I get better at this great hobby. I would like to purchase and EX-21 before my retirement (in a few years) but can't seem to find a dealer here in Eastern Ontario that has one on display. And I'm not really one to make a major purchase like that without seeing or trying the product first. If anyone has ideas or suggestions for me, I'd be quite grateful. Thanks everyone and so far from my recent experiences on this board, you guys are all great.

CNLNC

Re: New Member from Eastern Ontario
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:32:24 am »
Welcome ShadowB6. I'm sure you will gather all the information needed to make that purchase a realty. Everyone here is moe than willing to help.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:04:33 am »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:41 am »
Hi ShadowB6!  Welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  I used to do demos at Home depot on the 16" Ryobi.  My first saw was the Dremel 1800.   Obsolete or not - it was a great saw to get my feet wet with - my son-in-law still uses it.  I've had an EX21 for a few years and wouldn't trade it for any other.  It took my work to a whole new level.  The US rep is Ray Seymore at www.seyco.com 1-800-462-3353.  He should be able to hook you up with the Canadian Rep.

ArtCrafters

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:59:03 am »
Hi ShadowB6,

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of helpful people here.

Denny in TN

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:22:29 am »
welcome aboard I'm Todd from Newfoundland Canada

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

marmoh

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:59:34 am »
Welcome from Mississippi ....

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »
Hi and welcome from Germany.

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 03:26:16 pm »
Hi and a very warm welcome from California.

Do your part - go green - save the earth

cameronj

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 04:34:24 pm »
Hi, and welcome from London, Ont.  My first saw was a Ryobi, so I know what you mean about when the blade breaks.  Now I have a Dewalt, and have had it for many years with no problems.
Jim

ShadowB6

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 08:43:46 pm »
Thanks Julief, that's a great idea about contacting Seyco regarding a Canadian Rep. because I'd like to purchase the saw from someone who can also provide me some after sales service and not someone who'll tell me, "ya, know nothing about that one, but I can order it for you."

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »
Welcome Shadowb6. Glad you're here. Jim from North Bay,Ontario

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:08 am »
If the Canadian rep is anything like Ray, He will know every square inch of that saw backward and forward.  Even though I bought my saw used, I have always received VIP service from Seyco.  I have never paid for a part or repair.

Mainewoods

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 07:27:15 am »
Welcome from Maine!

ShadowB6

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »
Yes Julief, I see others commenting about Ray from Seyco and he seems to have mastered customer service. I wrote to General International here in Canada and they've referred me to a place in Ottawa called Ottawa Fasteners. It is only 3 miles from where I work so I'll try them on Monday. Gen. Int. says they normally have the EX-21 in stock but the EX-21 is not listed on their website. My fingers are crossed.

SMF

Teknoromi