Author Topic: Excalibur saw nozzle tip  (Read 2259 times)

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
Excalibur saw nozzle tip
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:36:45 pm »
I have recently bought the EX 16 scroll saw  and changed the nozzle to exit  the right side of the machine.
Just remove the two screws from the plate where the nozzle go?s into the machine and flip it around to the other side  ( same side as the blade tightening screws ) Hope this helps.
Jim

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Excalibur saw nozzle tip
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:56:06 am »
One of the reasons I bought the EX21 was the fact that I could make it a "LEFT HANDED" machine.  It is very easy to convert the blower, and the blade screws to the opposite side. 

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:54:25 am »
Hey Julie, I didn't know you were a lefty too! You can covert a DeWalt saw too, but I haven't.  when ever I learn something new, I do it right handed, so I use the scroll saw right handed.
Dan In Southern California

ShadowB6

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:30:06 am »
Well, I'll be darned. I'm left handed also and didn't know that this could be done on my Ex. Quite often as being left handed I knock the blower away from my work when threading a new hole. I'll try this. Thanks.

Mike

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 11:41:56 am »
I am severly left-handed.  That's why I moved mine,  I'd get the blower where I wanted it and bump it with my hand every time..  Swapped it over and problem solved.

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »
Julie.And us Leftys. So do you have the blade loosening screws on the right side.

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 04:22:11 pm »
Steve Good explained in one of his videos today re the EX-21 that he thought the nozzle line was a bit short, and wouldn't allow it to be positioned to where it would blow AWAY from the scroller.  Anyone else experiencing this??

He said that Seyco had an extension that he might buy to correct this, but I'm surprised that an extension would be needed.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »
I have my blower on the left still and it blows dust away from me to the right no problem.  Mine is the ex21 as well.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

kardar2

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:18 pm »
Hello,
Wow I learned some cool stuff today thanks Steve.  I would think you would want a lot of blade movement to get more use out of each blade hmm. My set screw on my lower blade clamp will back off so when I clamp a blade It will get all deformed from being forced into the hole. I need to get a low torque lock tite. Also my blower nozzle has become loose and falls with the vibration. I need to get me Wire clothes hanger to stiffing it up. But I really love my saw.  I wish I would have ordered the 31" though.. I have been real curious about the foot switch and so I think I will order one.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 07:14:55 am »
Yes, I moved my blade knobs to the left side also.  My hose is long enough to blow away from me.  My saw doesn't have the rear tension adjuster and my light doesn't have that metal base that steve showed.  My light screws directly to the saw and the magnetic base for the switch is on the plate opposite the motor.

ShadowB6

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:23:07 am »
I did the same as Julief, blower on the right, clamp screw moved to the left side and all is good now. We are creatures of habit however as it took me about an hour to stop reaching on the right side to unclamp the blade. My blower hose length is just fine for me. As long as it does not blow back at me, I'm happy. Remember, I'm the stubborn one that doesn't like to wear the mask.

Mike

SMF

Teknoromi