Author Topic: Air tube for Delta scroll saw  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
Air tube for Delta scroll saw
« on: February 09, 2015, 08:54:27 pm »
 :-\  The plastic tube fitting attaching to the metal of the Delta 40=690 cracked and now the air tube has a mind of it's own. I tried deltaportercable.com but they don't show any listing for Delta replacement parts. I'm presently trying  superglue - but don't think it will hold. Any pointers out there before I go to a local tool sales/service in my area?  Thanks in advance.   Brian

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Air tube for Delta scroll saw
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:22:18 pm »
Delta 40-690 parts are listed at http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-40690-type-scroll-saw-parts-c-3275_3505_157559.html?q=40-690.  The flexible hose is item 68 for $21.79.

Some people retire the saw air pump and instead use an aquarium air pump.  The aquarium pump pushes air at the same rate all the time, even when you turn the saw to a low speed.

Hope this helps,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline PigsFly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:22 am »
Are you can get it here

http://www.modularhose.com/Loc-Line-14-System/14-hose

and if you do I encourage you to get the pliers as you do not otherwise want small children or your pastor around when you try to force it onto the metal fitting.  Some use brute force, some use brute force and hot water, some use brute force and a heat gun.  I like the pliers.  If you do get and use the pliers you may need to remove the metal fitting from the saw arm to attach the loc line and then reattach the fitting.  I think the Delta is probably like the DeWalt 788 and removal of the fitting from the saw arm is very simple.  You can probably get the loc line, nozzle, and pliers for the same or not much more than the ereplacement parts cost.
Doug

Take what you do seriously
Never take yourself too seriously

Offline gordster

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 07:25:36 am »
Plastic tube came off on mine, also had a crack in line.when I went to put it back on I had a glass of hot water and dipped the end of tube in it.that softened it enough to get it back on easy.I too have an aquarium pump ready to replace it
Gordie

Offline jimr1cos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30:58 pm »
I gave up on fighting with the tube. I used a small piece of metallic tape and a small hose clamp and all is now well.
Jim

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:30:41 pm »
It's fixed :)  I tried; gluing the joint, hot water, melting the plastic - I through away the cracked section, removed the first good section from the tubing, and using a small bar clamp lined up the plastic section over the saw's metal ball fitting and tighten the clamp from the other side of the saw. It went right in place. Then I snapped the remaining air tube to my first good plastic fitting.  Good as from the factory except one tube section short.  Thanks for all the replies   Brian   

Offline gordster

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 06:19:07 am »
Hey good going Brian....those blowers are necessary evils, we miss them when not working
Gordie

Offline seadog852

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 06:57:31 am »
my dremel tube broke years ago. I use the old style method. lol   ::)  should get it fixed along with my light. maybe a new saw.

Offline barb e

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 11:09:23 am »
I bought a piece of clear plastic tubing, put it over the cracked end and then put that back on the saw.  Seems to work fine.  Tubing was 60 cents per foot, used maybe an inch or so. 

SMF

Teknoromi