Author Topic: MORE computer problems  (Read 1078 times)

Charlie Dearing

MORE computer problems
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »
Now I can't get Firefox to stay open.  It gets an error and asks for debug or close.  Internet Explorer does this sometimes too.  I have run 3 different virus scans with avg, malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials.  No viruses found.  I even uninstalled and re-installed firefox.  What the heck is happening to my computer?  Now I won't be able to join chat tonight.

Joesawdust

Re: MORE computer problems
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:07:11 pm »
A couple of months ago firefox was doing the same to me everytime I open gmail, never have been able to get fixed, so I've been using google chrome, so far no problems. You might want to try it.
Greg

Dustyknees

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:23:41 am »
I find Firefox doing the same to me occasionally.  I just remove Firefox and reinstall it,works every time,and my bookmarks come back just fine..Jon

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:07 am »
I did remove it and re-installed it, but it keeps happening.  I'll probably end up formatting my hard drive if i can find what it takes to "refill" it afterwards. Some programs I will never be able to get again.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:35:25 am »
In the "Options" menus of Firefox is a line item that allows you to define where any "Downloads" are stored. It is similar in Chrome and IE.

I set mine to ALWAYS download to the "DESKTOP" and then I can move the files via 'drag and drop' to the folders i have on my desktop.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 12:16:20 pm »
Your problems still could be a virus that is not being found, or it has done damage that cannot be fixed very easy. Sometimes it will do damage in the registery that can be impossible to repair. New viruses come out every day. My son's computer got one and I had to format it to get rid of it. Let me know before you go that far I have a couple of things to tell you.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi