Author Topic: glue  (Read 2584 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: glue
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 03:30:08 pm »
Bottom line is that they are all great glues if used for the proper job.  GB I have also switched to the Gorilla wood glue.  I got a couple of sample bottles at the woodworking show last spring, and really like it.  I also use 3 different viscosities of cyanoacrylic (superglue) and an activator when doing things like bandsaw boxes and such.  One thing I learned about those is that if stored upright they will dry out, but if you store the little bottles upside down they last a long long time.
See Bill, You are already showing your knowledge and wisdom!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 05:21:06 pm »
Bottom line is that they are all great glues if used for the proper job.  GB I have also switched to the Gorilla wood glue.  I got a couple of sample bottles at the woodworking show last spring, and really like it.  I also use 3 different viscosities of cyanoacrylic (superglue) and an activator when doing things like bandsaw boxes and such.  One thing I learned about those is that if stored upright they will dry out, but if you store the little bottles upside down they last a long long time.

Another thing that I do with CA glue is store it in my "Beer Box" (refrigerator) to keep it cool. That seems to help the shelf life of it too. I just keep it in the butter tray laying on its side not really upside down.
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Danny39

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 03:09:34 pm »
want to thank everyone for their input on the glue  by the way Elmer's came out with a woodglue max waterproff and stanable  have not tryed it yet

SMF

Teknoromi