Author Topic: Photos  (Read 3696 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Photos
« on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:59 pm »
Hi Steve
How do I get my photos down to  384kb or less so I can post them? do I cut down the Pixels on the camera? and if so by how much, The camera is a 4 pixel canon
thanks
Jimbo

cherie

Re: Photos
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:23:26 pm »
Jimbo..I myself have lowered my pixels on the camera, and when I save a picture I keep the original and then make another and adjust the image size.  Also when you save the photo, save it at the lowest, or at least number 3, that will make your file size smaller.  What program do you use?  I have Photoshop CS. and that is what I do.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:43:37 am »
Hi Jimbo, I apologize that I have not completed the video tutorial for preparing photos for the forum. I will make that a priority this week. Watch the News and Bulletins forum for that tutorial and hopefully I can answer all your questions.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 08:53:41 pm »
Thanks Steve and Cherie, I will look and see if I can see anything on Picasa, I am not really up to it doing these things and will keep a look out for your tutorial Steve
Thanks again
Jimbo

cherie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:14 pm »
Keep on asking your questions and your bound to get the right answer....oh did I say that Russ?

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »
Jimbo, I like Photobucket better than Picasa. Charlie uses it and I tried it.  Picasa took over and controled all my photos. Had to remove it from my computer.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

KENINLEX

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:51:20 pm »
Picasa is doing a lot of funny stuff on my computer also. But it's free'

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:52:57 pm »
Photobucket is free also.  8)

Becky

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 11:39:57 pm »
I hate to lower the resolution on my camera because then I never have the full sized, crisp picture.  There are a lot of very easy to use, picture resizing programs out there.  Here's one in particular that I have recommeded to several people as being easy to use.  http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm .

But the point is, you keep your full size pic should you ever want or need it and just make a copy that is smaller for posting.

cherie

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:49 am »
Good point Becky, when I resize I keep the original, then when I "save as" I add the word small or smaller at the end so I know which photo is what.   Thanks for the link.

Dawie

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 09:45:48 am »
I've bee wondering the same thing Jimbo, but just haven't got round to asking yet. Got some good info so far. Picassa does think it owns all your photo's, will give photobucket a shot, thanks Russ.
David

KENINLEX

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »
Russ I did a Google on Photobucket and got a hit on Photobucket virus alert. I don't think I want to go there anytime soon. Have you had any trouble?
Ken

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 04:59:01 pm »
I have been using this for years. go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
On the right side of the page, scroll down the list to ImageResizer.exe
It is so simple to use once you have it in your computer. It is safe also. Message me if you need help

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »
Ken, No virus alerts, no problems. I am not sure what you hit on.
Here is the link ;
http://photobucket.com/
 8)

Joesawdust

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 07:23:24 pm »
Like Cherie said I make a copy of all my pics so I have the original, then I use photoscape to adjust them. It is a free program and has a lot of powerful features.

Greg

SMF

Teknoromi