Author Topic: rikon band saw  (Read 3042 times)

Offline termite

• View Profile
rikon band saw
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:34:21 pm »
 Highland Woodworking has a sale on their bandsaws. i'm loooking  at the 14" saw. does anyone
own Rikon saws? any information would be helpful. also are parts hard to get? thanks for your
input  termite

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: rikon band saw
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:55:47 pm »
I have the 14" Rikon Bandsaw and  in my opinion you cannot put enough e's in sweeeeet to describe it!!!!! Had a problem with the tension indicator ( no problem with the tension) called the 800 number and after a couple of measurements the rep discovered that the split pin was either pushed in too far or it was too short. Either way, the sent me a couple of the pins, Very easy fix, pull the old one out and put the new one in. This allowed the indicator to remain on the pin and give a correct reading. The Tech Rep knew his stuff. I bought the saw from Woodcraft last November and have no regrets at all.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:02:46 am »
Hey Termite, As Billy said, it is one sweet machine! I don't own one but I get to use one at the Woodcraft store when I'm teaching classes there. It has a resaw capacity of 12" and lots of neat features. As far as parts, Rikon will be around for a long time!
It's on my dream list.
Dan In Southern California

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:28:31 pm »
Have had one since last fall great saw

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »
thanks everyone for your help. i think i will order the saw this weekend.  termite

Offline Leldon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:53:51 pm »
I'm a little late, since you already decided to buy one, but I just got the band saw less than a month ago.  It is great.  I have finally got everything just the way it needs to be.  Getting the table square both ways to the blade was a pain.  But well worth it.  I've resawn a piece of 8" wide oak on it and it didn't have any problems at all!  I got some 1/2 timberwolf blades and they are SO MUCH better than the stock blade for resawing.  I wold suggest you get one asap! 

Leldon

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »
When I had the little problem with the tension inidcator and talked to the factory rep, he did ask me had I replaced original blade and I told him I put on a 1/2 inch Timberwolf re-saw blade. He answered GOOD MOVE!!!!
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 10:33:02 pm »
so now i guess i have to order a good blade for this saw. i ordered saw tonight. waiting for shipping
cost. thanks everyone for your help  termite

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 12:06:36 am »
You are going to like the Rikon saw, Termite.  It is one of the best 14" inch saws for the money.

Barry

SMF

Teknoromi