Author Topic: House  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
House
« on: June 08, 2013, 09:16:51 am »
This was a very watched series in my part of the world and the British actor gave a classic performance (Hugh Laurie)

Thank you for looking.

Mahendra
mahendra

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: House
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 10:06:58 am »
Terrific pattern. I watched House a few times, but Doc Martin was my favorite.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 10:58:34 am »
You captured that ol' grouch perfectly!
Great Job...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 03:08:52 pm »
That's a great one Mahendra, thanks for my copy.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »
Very nice, stole a copy Thanks.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 01:45:38 am »
Wow what a great pattern.  Thanks Mahendra

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 08:42:11 am »
Mahendra - this doesn't look like the typical Gimp/Inkscape processing. Can you tell a little about your process for rendering this pattern? Did it originate with a digital photo?
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 09:54:42 am »
Ray
this image was downloaded from the net, free domain( can't remember exactly) and it is a high resolution image  and this is aGIMP-INKSCAPE process :), I shall try and explain, first it was imported in Gimp ,desaturate, filter-photocopy ,play with the sliders to get enough details in masking.

Step 2, enlarge the pattern to 300 to 400% and start working on the details required erase or add (like use your creativity) then I take the image to inkscape and I do this several times to clean up the pattern ( with tracing)till I am satisfied with the end result .

I finally bring  it to Corel Draw ,sort of resize to fit add my name, (you might laugh at this but this is the only way I know) convert it to  pdf ,go on line to convert pdf to Jpg. Once that done, if the file is big ,again reduce it to mailing size and that is about all I do. I sincerely hope that this answer makes sense,Ray :)

Mahendra
mahendra

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 10:16:47 am »
Amazing pattern, thanks for sharing

Luperez548

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 08:46:16 am »
Fantastic pattern Mahendra

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 03:00:33 pm »
Ray, you said Doc Martin was your favourite, here is a picture can you see his surgery there?  It's 25 mins down the road from me lol.

Keefie.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »
Keith - I can also see Burt and Al's waterfront restaurant. We keep checking Netflix to see if any new episodes have been posted. I miss Aunt Joan.. :'(
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Pinelog

• New DeWalt 788 Owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 01:57:10 pm »
R
I finally bring  it to Corel Draw ,sort of resize to fit add my name, (you might laugh at this but this is the only way I know) convert it to  pdf ,go on line to convert pdf to Jpg. Once that done, if the file is big ,again reduce it to mailing size and that is about all I do. I sincerely hope that this answer makes sense,Ray :)

Mahendra

Mahendra,

First you do wonderful work, I love it!

Second a gift to you if you have to do all that just to resize or convert to a pdf.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
This is CutePDF Writer, its free and not too hard to install, I have used it for years and it installs as an additional Printer in your system.  So if you have a document you want to convert to PDF just print it and select Cutepdf for your printer and it will allow you to save the document as a pdf on your computer.

The second is http://www.getpaint.net/ Paint.net  It is open source and will let you resize crop add layer etc and very easy to use, and save the image to any file format you want, Jpg bmp, png, etc.

Thanks again for all the wonderful work you do!  You are an artist!
Walter

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:54:25 pm »
Pinelog,
Thank you so very much for your kind words,I appreciate it very much :) and the two gifts- great! Let me visit the link you have provided and will download and make my life a bit more easy ;D.
This is my hobby and I love attempting patterns :)
Once again very thoughtful of you to have come up with a solution for me :) :)
Mahendra
mahendra

Offline Pinelog

• New DeWalt 788 Owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:15 pm »
The paint.net isn't as powerful (or hard to use) as Adobe Photoshop, but it's good for most things I have needed to do. 

The ability to layer is very nice when you want to make a template pattern and add stuff as needed like names and such, without having to redo the whole pattern.  I still haven't dipped my toes into the stuff you guys do converting pictures to patterns...
Walter

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

SMF

Teknoromi