Author Topic: Dust Port On New EX21  (Read 980 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Dust Port On New EX21
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:38:10 am »
Does anyone on this forum have the new EX21 with the dust port? I do not like the plastic shroud under the blade hole because it seems small pieces of fret cuts would clog up the air flow. I was thinking of just removing the dust port and plastic and, oh, also the lower blade guard. To be honest, I have not even tried it yet, but, was wanting to get the saw ready before positioning it in my shop. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am going to call Ray @ Seyco Monday and get his advice, but, was just curious if anyone had the new saw with the dust port and had experienced the performance.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Dust Port On New EX21
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:44:07 am »
Keith and I removed the clear plastic piece right away.  We don't run our shop vac when we saw because the dust is so little and the noise that having the vac make would be far more irritation than the small amount of dust.

That being said - if you were cutting something that created a lot of dust (like MDF or something similar) you may want to keep it in place.  For Keith and I however, it is not necessary.  Just my own choice.

The lower blade guard is now in the front on our anniversary edition saw as well. I thought it would be a pain, but it doesn't really bother me at all. I got used to it right away and haven't even thought about it.

These are only our opinions and I realize that other may think differently. 

Let us know what you wind up doing. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Dust Port On New EX21
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:46:05 am »
Tony - I have a Black and Gold EX-21 with the dust port. The clear plastic at the blade hole does get some small parts caught off to the side but they do not block the flow path. Once in a while I pull the vacuum hose off and hold it above the blade hole to suck the small pieces out.

The clear piece makes a place you have to thread the blade through, but on mine it has worn off to about the diameter of the normal blade hole in the steel plate, so it is not in the way.

I would say you should try to use it. Earlier this year I posted an adapter for the 2.5" port to fit a 1.25" vacuum hose if you need it. I was not able to find an adapter to go in that direction (there are plenty that go the other way - big hose to small port - but none that go small hose to big port).
    ==> http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=12985.0
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi