Author Topic: The Lawyer  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
The Lawyer
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:34 pm »
A Charity realized that they had never received a donation from the town's most successful lawyer. The person in charge of contributions called him to persuade him to contribute. "Our research shows that out of a yearly income of at least $500,000, you did not give a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give back to the community in some way?" The lawyer mulled this over for a moment and replied, "First, did your research also show that my mother is dying after a long illness, and has medical bills that are several times her annual income?" Embarrassed, the caller  mumbled, "Um, no." The lawyer interrupts, "Or that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair?" The stricken caller began to stammer out an apology, but was interrupted again. "Or that my sister's husband died in a traffic accident," the lawyer's voice rising in indignation, "leaving her penniless with three children?!" The humiliated caller, completely beaten, said simply, "I had no idea." On a roll, the lawyer cut him off once again, "So if I don't give any money to them, why should I give any to you?"
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: The Lawyer
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:44:04 pm »
I'm glad I put my coffee down before reading that one Billy, love it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:23 am »
I didn't see that one coming. Thanks for the laugh.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 12:13:52 am »
Typical Lawyer.   :D :D :D

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:13:33 am »
that one got me right between the eyes Billy.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi