Author Topic: Lucets  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Lucets
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:59:49 am »
Steve posted a pattern today of a lucet.  My wife is a spinner and knitter and I have made a good number of lucets.  We attend several Fiber Festivals during the year. There are a couple where AI actually set up and sell scrollsaw items. Wen I first made lucets and put them on the table, they gathered little interest other than a novelty. The do make a nice bradide cord and there are a number of different styles of cord that can be made.   A couple of years ago, my wife was demonstrating a lucet to a lady and almost yelled out  I do not know what you called that thing but it make I-Cord.  I had no clue!!!!!  However my wife told her, yes it does.  Seems there are quite a few knitting patterns that require I-cord.  After that I still call them Lucets, however I have a sign that denotes them as I-Crdr Maker.    They sell much better that way!!!!!! 
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Spartan scroller

Re: Lucets
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:26:04 am »
Hey Billy:  Those are nice.  had the same idea and wondered how they would do at craft shows. Did you consider taking a computer and putting the video on and just letting it loop during the show?  What thickness of wood did you use?

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 11:39:36 am »
great job Billy,

I saw the email and think they are nice.
did looked on youtube and saw a double version.

I did send Steve an email, who know's he makes the extra pattern. ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:42:16 am by Marcellarius »
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »
Most of the lucets I make are around 1/2".  I tried them in 3/4" but a couple of the ladies sait the were too thick and harder to hold. I put one of the 3/4" thru the band saw and cut it down to 1/2. The other piece was thin but worked. I gave it away. As for the computer at shows, power is usually a problem, especially for street festivals so we just go with printed instructions.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

SMF

Teknoromi