Author Topic: Jet 707000 Contractor saw Info request  (Read 738 times)

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Jet 707000 Contractor saw Info request
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:23:44 am »
I have been researching table saws for a couple of weeks. So far I have eliminated everything except the Jet 707000 Contractor Saw.  I do like the cabinet saws BUT I do not have room for them. Does anyone have experience with the Jet?   According to the instruction manual, the bevel adjusts either by releasing the bevel lock and manually tilting the blade and locking or by pushing in the height adjustment wheel and setting the bevel.   Does this work satisfactorily?  Also what the distance from the front of the table to the blade? Any other issues, pro or con, would be appreciated.  I looked hard at the Bosch 4100.  The bevel adjust is only manual. I tried it in the store and it was difficult to adjust to any tilt other than 45.  It was even difficult to return it to 90 degrees and get it locked back down.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

hippi

Re: Jet 707000 Contractor saw Info request
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 08:58:39 am »
i have a rigid saw and it is easy to use and has a cast iron top and sides i think i paid $350
you might also check out sawstop they are on the high side but with the safety sensors i think it would be a good buy i might get one in win the price comes down

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Jet 707000 Contractor saw Info request
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:19 am »
I've had a Jet saw for about 6 years and love it! I'm not sure of the model number and it is all manual adjustment but, has been a very good saw. Never had a problem with it.
My brother bought one about 4 years ago and had a problem with it but, Jet just sent him a whole new saw which was a newer, better model and gave him the old saw to do with as he wished! He fixed it and sold it! That saw is still running also!
Good service!

Rog

PS  My saw is a right tilt and my brothers is a left tilt but it is all just a matter of what you get used to as far as which is better.
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi