Author Topic: Cowboy Whirligig  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Lorace

• View Profile
Cowboy Whirligig
« on: March 25, 2016, 01:22:22 am »

When I was putting  it together I bought a brad gun.   I never have used one ,  and of course I did not  read the instructions,  or watch a
 Youtube video.  I busted the legs and  messed up the base.  Out of the two I was able to save one.
I gave my  friend one,  then I enlarged the pattern 10% and made mine.  Now I am drilling the holes.  putting a
dab of JD wield.  and dropping the brad in.   Yes I have watched Youtube now.  read the booklet and one day will use that brad gun.
  Now I am working on the Cowboy automaton in the newest Gizmos and Gadgets magazine,   fingers crossed that mine will move.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:26:53 pm by Lorace »

Offline busco

• View Profile
Re: Cowboy Whirligig
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:09:03 am »
Looks great.  Be aware of high winds, I did one with a lady doing laundry and the other day we had some high winds and when I got home either she worked her arms right off or the wind damaged it.  It appears you are using small machine bolts for the pivots, I tried using small dowels and glued into place so I could paint over them and I think that might have been my problem.  Also if you want go look at the web site
azwoodman.com for some more patterns.

Bill

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:05:43 am »
Very nicely done.  Would love to see a video of that whirlygig in action. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 02:13:07 pm »
That's a great project, video makes it way more better the the small picture. very nicely done!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Lorace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »
Thank you.    I'm working on a neat project now,    hope its finished in a few days.   will post.

SMF

Teknoromi