Author Topic: Sioux Empire Fair '14  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
Sioux Empire Fair '14
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »
Summer fun for two South Dakota scrollers; Silver Sliver & Dakota Saw dust. For the last 3-4 years Duane & I have packed up our saws and taken them to the Sioux Falls Fair.  We set them up in the "Arts & Craft" hall to show visitors what scrolling is all about.  I've included 3 pictures.  The first is Duane seated at his saw with some of his projects on the table in front.  He likes 3-D bird house and small cuttings.  He gives away small animal cutouts to the kids - that's one reason his saw is low - the kids like to get right up and investigate and Duane is at his best with them. He has done this for the last 10 years. This year he could hardly keep up with cuttings of a horse.  It was only natural with all the 4-H involvement at the fair.  The second pic is a little of my end of the display table. We like to take a hodgepodge of projects to show people the different types of scrolling they might like to get into. We get 2 or 3 names each year of people interested in coming to our small once a month meeting. The third pic as they say is a "selfie "- what vanity  :)  Thanks for looking.  Brian

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Re: Sioux Empire Fair '14
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:11 am »
Sounds like fun and a good way to promote scrolling.

pddesertrat

Re: Sioux Empire Fair '14
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:04:12 am »
Looks like great fun and good on you guys for doing it.

SMF

Teknoromi