Author Topic: Small Vac for scroll Saw?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
Small Vac for scroll Saw?
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:14 pm »
I've had a small hand held vacuum [which was a wedding gift 50 years ago] clamped to the underside of my scroll saw and it has worked fine. HOWEVER, i can now hear the bearings and know the end is just around the corner.  Question?  I seem to remember a writeup/video on a new small powerful vacuum that is suitable for our use.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? - or was this another of my hallucinations?

Offline Gadois

• View Profile
Re: Small Vac for scroll Saw?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:46:57 am »
Ray at Seyco has it. I have one, it works very well and IT"S MADE IN AMERICA!

Cheers, Gadois
If you can't learn how to do something well, learn how to enjoy doing it poorly.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:20:36 am »
I killed a new Ridgid shop vac when I hooked it up to my saw.  I had it plugged into the foot switch for the saw so it only ran when the saw was running. I cut a few hours of inlay until the vac burned out.  Warranty replaced it but I no longer use a vac with my saw.  I now have the saw hooked to my dust collection system which can run for hours with no damage to it.  What is the brand of the vac that can work as long as a saw will?
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:17 am »
Thanks Gadois    I just ordered my vac.  I switch my vac between the scroll saw & band saw.  This looks perfect.

ChuckD

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:38 pm »
Jim.  I wonder what happen to your vac.  I have been doing that for many years and never had a problem.  And one of them is a Rigid.

SMF

Teknoromi