Author Topic: Prayers please  (Read 305 times)

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Prayers please
« on: January 15, 2023, 11:53:38 pm »
Greetings, Guys and Gals!
I have not been active lately because I had eye surgery on my right eye and a medical procedure on my left eye (Holes in the eye to relieve pressure).

On January 18th I go in to have cataracts removed, a prosthetic lens inserted, and a donor corneal transplant on the left eye which is what I have already
had done to the right eye. The right eye rejected the corneal transplant and had to be done again. It is still not healed completely but, is progressing.
I have not been able to wear prescription lenses since October 5th of 2022. Thus, lots of head-aches, dizziness, only very short drives in the day-time
on familiar roads, very limited in activities such as scrolling, and lots of frustration because I cannot read and cannot see well.

So, I am begging for lots of prayers for my health and a quick and successful recovery from surgery with hopes I can be fitted with glasses and get back to a somewhat normal
life within the next three months or so.

This surgeon is very highly rated but, it seems strange that he uses few stitches and instead puts a bubble of air to hold everything in place so, for the first 24 hours
after surgery I have to lie flat on my back with no head support and try to keep that bubble centered as if it was a carpenter's level. Of course, I am allowed to get up
to use the restroom and eat but he wants those times limited to 15 minutes and as few as possible. If everything looks good at a follow up visit to the surgeon the next day,
for the next two days after that, I am supposed to lie flat for two hours at a time with about 15 minutes at a time to eat or stretch and then back to bed.

Your prayers would be greatly appreciated and I hope to become active on the forum again as soon as possible to see what kind of great projects I have been missing.

Thank you and God Bless!  Spirithorse

Offline Jimmy2

• View Profile
Re: Prayers please
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 10:20:15 am »
You got it!
Good luck to you and listen to the doctors and may the doctors hands be steady
Jim

Offline HJones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 07:48:25 am »
Our prayers are with you.
Jones

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 08:57:35 am »
Good luck!

My ever-indulgent wife had cataract surgery last summer and came out great.  It's amazing what they can do these days and hopefully you will soon be an example of that.

KCSteve :->

SMF

Teknoromi