Author Topic: Camera recomendation  (Read 3724 times)

Offline ALG

• View Profile
Camera recomendation
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:59:34 pm »
I am hoping someone could recomend a camera that will take a good picture of a scroll saw project.
i have a cheap camera which just doesn't do the job. Looking for some recomendations on a not to
costly camera.   Thanks for your help.   Al

pddesertrat

Re: Camera recomendation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:47:59 pm »
You would have to define "not expensive".  I have had three different Cannon Powershot cameras and have been well satisfied with each.  My current one is a model SX230 HS.  The first one I had was a cheaper model but I got it free for signing up for a credit card.  It was a great camera, but my wife lost it for me.  I liked it so well, I bought a new for me and one for her.  If she loses  her current one she is out of luck!

I am no camera expert but I like what I have.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »
Have read here and there that a GOOD picture of Good Quality and Clarity can be had with the average camera.  Most will use a TRIPOD and a special setting with Photo quality lights.  Probably tutorials out there on this subject.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:38:14 am »
Agree 100% with Danny.   A tripod makes it much easier to place the camera and to eliminate the shake that often makes you think the fuzziness is the fault of the camera.  With the camera held securely, it's also easy to try different lighting effects - side, top, etc.   Even a small table mounted tripod will work.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:25:02 am »
I use my Droid phone or iPad mini and get acceptable quality. Sometimes I take it outside to get natural lighting - usually makes a better picture. And I usually crop then auto-correct using MS Office 2010. If I need better quality I borrow the wife's Nikon D50.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:31 am »
My pictures quite often turn out fuzzy or not lit properly. But, I look at it like I look at scroll saws, It's not the machine, it is the nut behind the blade (or lens in this case). Practice helps everything go easier.  ;)

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 06:21:42 pm »
when I see out of focus images it is usually because the camera is too close to the object and can't focus that closely. The solution is to back away until you get a good focus and take that picture, If you want a closer view use cropping software on the computer, its much better than trying to use electronic zoom in the camera.
Bill

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:25:42 pm »
Also in my experience almost any camera will take very good focused pictures. You just need to provide enough light, don't try to focus too close and hold the camera steady. Even cheap inexpensive cameras will do well in these conditions. If you don't want to abide by these restrictions, then spend more money and purchase a camera that you can adjust for these conditions.
Bill

SMF

Teknoromi