Author Topic: Christmas Ornament Exchange  (Read 5418 times)

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Christmas Ornament Exchange
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:20:00 am »
just wondering have there been any talk on a Christmas Ornament Exchange this year

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Re: Christmas Ornament Exchange
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 09:54:23 am »
If last year was any indication, no thanks.  I sent out my ornament but never received one.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:32:22 am »
i know it turns alot of people away from exchanges when things like that happens.it's to bad you couldn't go through the list of people from past years exchanges find out who didn't send out there ornaments and block them from signing up to exchanges.

P.S. (Not meant for you Kepy.)

DON'T JOIN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEND ORNAMENTS TO YOUR PARTNER.
IT MAKES IT BAD FOR EVERYONE !!!

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 12:37:14 am »
Hey Kepy,

I'm still waiting for mine to.  I sent one out, but didn't receive one.  I'll still participate if Russ decides he wants to go to the trouble to organize it.  I know it takes a lot of effort on his part.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:41:12 am »
I'm still waiting for mine too.  I posted one out.  If you don't want to pay the postage or you can't afford it, don't put your name down, your recipient feels let down. Just my two cents worth.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 11:29:23 pm »
I'm in if there is one this year. I guess I have been fortunate, I have received one every year so far. I can understand not wanting to participate if you don't get one in return. Maybe don't accept the ones that have not sent them out in the past? It sure makes my day when I get an ornament from someone else.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 11:24:58 am »
I'd love to do a Ornament exchange.  I don't care where I have to ship it.  I have sent them to Canada, Australia and Pakistan.  I always post the date I send them out and depending on where they are traveling too depends on the length of time I wait till I start asking................When you don't receive a ornament please post so we the other scrollers can step up and send you one.  I always have extras on hand just for that reason.

Chelcass
ChelCass

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 11:15:23 am »
Any updates?

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 07:47:57 pm »
ME FOR ONE WANT TO SAY....I WANT TO DO OUR ....NORMAL....CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT EXCHANGE.   Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 10:35:04 am »
One, between all the woodworking commitments I have this year and I am also helping take care of my brother who has colon cancer I just don't have time to do the exchange. Two, there is not enough time to get everything done now anyways. We previously started in September and people still didn't seem to have enough time. Now, here it is the end of October, so no way.  Three, I had so many members not receiving there ornaments that I am very aggravated/frustrated. Trust me, I am the one who hears all the complaints and it really bothers me.

Also, very few members seem interested anyways. So there is not going to be an Ornament Exchange this year. Maybe next year....

You can exchange ornaments among yourselves if you want to, you don't need an official exchange or me to do that...I also feel that will solve the problem of members not receiving there ornaments....

Sorry, not trying to hurt anyone's feeling or be the Scrooge here.
Russ
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:39:42 am by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »
Don't blame you a bit :D  I was always very lucky but it had to be a PITA for you.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »
Russ, you have always did a Outstanding job or organizing our Christmas Ornament Exchange.  I for one just forgot to enter
my name last year or maybe the year before and Dan (dgman) just sent me one.  Boy was I Happy.  Love this Forum and have
been here for 4 years and always feel Thankful for being a part of such a Wonderful, caring family of Scrollers.  Danny  :+}

Also Russ your Brother will be in My every Prayer for Recovery.  Amen 
Danny  :+}

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 03:44:17 pm »
I've been missing in action for a while, but still check back every now and then.

If you miss the Christmas Exchange, you might be interested in our own Sawyers' Day exchange (March 19). We exchange ornaments with a woodworking rather than religious theme. We're not as big as Christmas, so it's easier to organize and track down lost contributions.

I'll post something in early February for those who wouid like to join (pun intended).
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 08:33:50 am »
I have always enjoyed the ornament exchange and would be willing to trade with anyone who is interested.  I have sent ornament to Australia with no problem, just need to send them a bit earlier.  Should we post a sign up list??

Chelcass
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:42:40 pm by chelcass »
ChelCass

SMF

Teknoromi