Author Topic: Fair Time  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Silver Sliver

• View Profile
Fair Time
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:55:10 am »
I am off to the Sioux Empire Fair for all week.  I have been demonstrating scroll sawing at this fair for almost 10 years.  I really enjoy showing the kids what it is all about and talking with the adults whether they are scrollers or not.  I usually have 200-300 handouts of all kinds of animals, but because of my deteriorating eyesight, I haven't been able to stock up.  I have 20-30 horses, dinosaurs, and other animals, so I may have to be selective as to who I give them to.  I will probably concentrate on the 3-6 year old kids.
The weather promises to be very pleasant, which is good because we will be in a non-airconditioned building.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Fair Time
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 01:25:42 pm »
Best of luck and I hope you have a lot of fun!
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 01:44:37 pm »
Good luck at the fair.  You are doing good by doing the demonstrations.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Woodchuck

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 01:51:08 pm »
Did scrollsaw demonstration also, at Indiana State Fair in Pioneer Building. It was on a treadle scrollsaw. I now appreciate flipping a switch, The scrollsaw had such a large blade in it, that when you came to the corner you literally had to "step on it". My legs were very swore after using this for a while.

Had lots of fun talking to crowd. We were all to be in period dress.

They had the steam powered tractor just outside our booth powering a large circular blade and they were cutting wood, and had it for sell. I resisted buying.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:07:18 pm by Woodchuck »

SMF

Teknoromi