Author Topic: Rainy and VERY humid so......  (Read 2280 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Rainy and VERY humid so......
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:53:31 am »
today is clean the office and clean out the computer and do maintenance!

Hate to do it but it has to be done!

So many files....So little time!!!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

cherie

Re: Rainy and VERY humid so......
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:36 am »
I know what you mean there, but if you would have everything organizzed in the first place you wouldnt have to do it again.  LOL  Oh I am so not nice.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:32:36 am »
I'm tellin' ya...between three volunteer organizations, City Sr. Citizens Commission, scroll saw stuff, setting up a series of classes to teach seniors computer basics, Cooking site, election board work,etc. this darn 'puter gets messy real quick!

And that doesn't even begin to take in the flood of emails from all my online 'lady friends!!! <vbg>

busy, Busy, BUSY!!!!!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 12:10:53 pm »
Oh, I hate to tell you this but you forgot one other thing*****
*****Keeping us entertained in The Coffee Shop.*****
So how many jokes you have on file ???
LOLO Really Loud.
 ::) ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:26:15 pm »
Russ....when I was younger (a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago, I had two friends and we ate lunch together almost every day in the Co. cafeteria. We had a standing challenge that if anyone could give us a subject that we could not tell a funny story on we would buy them lunch!
Went on for three years before we finally had to buy lunch and the subject was not conducive to this forum!
I have great resources because two of my current friends have jobs that take them all over the country and in one case all over the world and they feed me material almost daily!
I never know what goodies I will find in my morning emails!!!
And again...many are not suitable for this forum!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

cherie

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 03:20:53 pm »
Ed, I sure hope I can stay as active as you when I get older.  I can barely keep up with things now.  And your jokes, well I am wondering what is was like to be in high school with you.  Did you happen to be the class clown?  Keep up the great work.  One day our paths might cross.

Rightarm

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »
    Greybeard. My Father was a hard nose city police officer back in the 60's-90's. He could tell a joke that would make you laugh till you cried. I miss my father. I wish I could tell stories like you both do. Dave

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »
When I was working I used to play 3 games of golf a week, after the first year it got down to two then to one and I have not had a game now for 12 months, I think I may have to back to work to get some spare time
when I was working I was away 3 weeks and home 2 so where does all the time go????
Jimbo

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 04:25:37 am »
Two years ago I spent 5 1/2 weeks in intensive care for an embolism (lung) and a seizure that they never could determine the cause of. Lost partial use of right arm but not enough to hardly limit my activities. During the year and a half of PT I determined that IF I don't keep going I will wither and die mentally more so than physically.
I was already retired and I refused to give up and vegetate like so many of my contemporaries.  Busier now than I have been for years!
A friend told me the other day while laughing that he has a mental picture of me holding the coffin lid open while I finish a TALL tale!
I may forget where the heck I left my glasses but I, so far, have not lost my memory bank of stories!
HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ to all!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Dawie

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 05:02:29 am »
You are keeeping busy Graybeard. Like your jokes. Translated your cotton mouth one for a fisher friend of mine and he recons he will tell it the next time he goes fishing, so now there's a dutch verson(sure I keep spelling this wrong) of it too. Your starting to get world fame :-*
David

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 08:49:19 am »
Thanks for our "deal"  The books are in the mail.
The "pretty" I will buy is some new pattern, blades, etc. etc.etc.
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi