General Category > Introduce Yourself.

New Members

<< < (2/61) > >>

julief:
Again, welcome to all you new members.  We are so truly glad to have you.  The vast majority of us are self taught, which simply means we have made every mistake known to man!  Please don't be afraid to ask the questions.  We've all been there and done that!  We are eager and happy to share what we know and are excited to see what you are up to.
For me, I was a single mom with two kids in college.  I needed extra income and this is how I got it.  Since, I have been able to make a fairly decent living with my scrollwork and finally gave up my job to do this full time.  I am still amazed that I get paid for doing something I love so much.
I had NEVER talked to strangers on the internet until this forum.  There are no strangers on this forum.  These folks are friends and family and I am blessed to have them in my life.

Chachi:
Ok my turn.... To all new members to this forum I was just like you once, I was looking for info so I did a search on google for scroll sawsand sawing and Up popped alot of searchs but the one that caught my eye was Steves blog so I went and had a look, while there I noticed he had some videos on you tube so I had a look well that is all it took for me I was hooked to his Blog.

One day as I was looking through all of Steves patterns and reading his stories I seen he had a forum so I came here sat back for awhile and read posts then one day I said I am going to join this forum so I did and now I couldn't be more pleased with this forum, I WAS a member of other ones until I joined this one because this forum is (as my wife puts it) not as steril as the other forums we have a friendship (family type) here that the others just don't have. As for GB he is a little hard to get a read on at first but give him time you will learn he is just a big old rough Teddy Bear with a heart to match (sorry GB I had to) as for the rest of us once you get to know us (much like I had to learn) Were a down right Great bunch of people who look out for each other and thanks to Steve and Russ who look out for the forum as a whole.

I wouldn't want to go anywhere else and I belive once you come on in and sit a spell at our Scroll Saw (forum) you will feel the same way we all did when we got started here.
 So if have any questions feel free to ask there are no stupid questions.
 Join up and enjoy your stay we welcome each and everyone of you with open Hearts, minds and arms. I hope to see you around the Forum.

Chachi  

Judy Hunter:
I found this  ;D"GROUP-O-GOOFIES"  ;) doing a search for a letter opener pattern.  Now that I think on it, I don't believe I ever actually did the letter opener pattern I found here.
This is the best bunch of scrollsawing friends you can find. I think GB and I should start a feud just to add some contrast to all the niceness that is here.   Nah...I like him too much.
Welcome to all new comers and come have fun with us.

grampa:
Hi to all the new members and welcome to the family, I cannot add anything that as been said just sit back, enjoy and join in, I suppose all the older members will have to be bombarded with GB's recycled funny post, here we go again. ......Paul

cherie:
AAAWWW.  Thanks Steve and welcome all new members.  I am sorry but my time is limited due to the fact I am in school.  However, I saw my name and feel so good now.  Going to get a big head over this.  LOL  Love my woodworking family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version