General Category > Introduce Yourself.

New Members

(1/61) > >>

sgood:
We have had 49 new members join the forum so far this month. I see that several of you have posted already and are off to a good start. If this is your first experience using an online forum don't hesitate to ask for help. No question is silly, well maybe a few are silly but who cares we are all friends here.

Jump in and try things out. You won't break anything unless you hit the "Any" key which will wipe out the database and collapse the internet. Don't worry though because I have the internet backed up on my local hard drive.

There are not many rules here except to watch out for GrayBeard. He's a little scary but the doctors allow him out two days a week now.

Russ is my hugely under paid moderator here. He keeps watch over things and relentlessly bans the spammers(bad guys) to keep them from spoiling the family fun. He accepts tips preferably in small denomination unmarked bills.

There are craftsmen and women here from all levels of the craft. When you see the beautiful cuttings by Mrsn, Cherie, Merlin and others or the incredible intarsia by Intarsia92 don't be intimidated. They started just like you. Except for Intarsia92 who came out of the womb making beautiful intarsia. We also have some great pattern designers here like grandpa who helps more scrollers than Tylenol. Sheila Landry who is one of the top five pattern designers in the world today and yes I'm jealous. We even have a few readers that don't even have a scroll saw yet. They just enjoy learning while they wait to buy a saw. A couple of them are here looking to pick up women but I happen to know they are broke so don't waste your time ladies.

Glad to have all of you with us here and I hope you enjoy the forum and make a few new friends while you are at it. If you have friends that you think would enjoy the hobby send them our way and we will do our best to get them addicted to saw dust just like us.

HWPlmbr1:
Whew Steve, I thought you might be talking about me in the bottom of the next to last paragraph. But after reading it again, it's those without saws and money. I'm just without money! Plus, my wife would take my saw away if I picked up another lady. Even if she came with a saw!  ;D

But I agree with a big welcome to all the newcomers! Let the saw dust fly and ask any question. If you have answers that's a plus too!

GrayBeard:
AWWWWW, Steve! You spoil all my fun!

All those new members!
I guess it's time to recycle a few hundred of my funny posts...sorry guys and gals you'll just have to read them again!

TO: ALL NEW MEMBERS

Being very serious (darn hard for me too!)...
THREE years ago I didn't have any ideas of using a scroll saw beyond cutting out 'acorn' shapes for some bird feeders I was making.

In that short span of time I have bought two saws, the last one a DeWalt 788, and have launched the most satisfying hobby I have had since I discovered girls!

Every one of us starts with little or limited knowledge of what these machines are capable of and how to make them work.

YOU, New Members, are the lucky ones! We have been through it all and can help you over the bumps and ruts in the "Scroll Saw Road"!

AND... we are here to HELP you, encourage you, explain things for you and in general make your scrolling life so much easier and more enjoyable.

What started out about 10 months ago as an informative offshoot of Steve's Blog has turned into the repository of virtually ALL information available about this gratifying hobby!

WE have become an extended Family and group of Friends. That does not mean we all agree on everything as you would expect in any family! But we treat each other with RESPECT because each one of us knows that no ONE of us has all the knowledge. We are always friendly, helpful and ready and willing to tell of our experiences so others may benefit.

There is kidding, teasing, cajoling and good natured fun. There has even been known to be help above and beyond scrolling!

So I personally invite each and every one of you to PARTICIPATE and join our FAMILY!

I Welcome you and so does every other member of this group.

Now, If someone will call the 'home' and let them know I am ready to return......

Dawie:
Very well said Steve and GB. And guys GB is not all that scary once you come to know him his a great guy with a big heart :).
So To all of you glad you found this international family of scrollers and feel welcome.
David

Mainewoods:
Well put Steve and GrayBeard!   8) I've joined other forums before I started scrolling, but never felt as welcomed as I did here.  In the thousands of posts I've read since signing in here, I have yet to see one bad word said about another member, other than the aforementioned cajoling! :D.

--- Quote from: GrayBeard on March 10, 2011, 12:34:37 am ---
Now, If someone will call the 'home' and let them know I am ready to return......

--- End quote ---

Not to worry GB...we called them as soon as we saw you were out! ;D

As for the New Members, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version