Author Topic: New Members  (Read 67671 times)

lpoandl

Re: New Members
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:23 am »
Hello everyone, my name is Lisa and I am a new member. I found this site while searching for patterns and I must say I am glad I did. Even though I have been scrolling for about 4 years I still consider myself a newbie at it since I have self taught myself. By what I have already read I have so much to learn. Thanks for such a great place to learn and feel comfortable. 

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2014, 10:02:39 am »
Hi Lisa, Welcome to the forum.  I am ChelCass from Michigan.  I am also self taught and have been scrolling for about 3 years, Love it!  Be sure and check out the gallery and if you have any questions just ask, we have a lot of knowledgeable people they are very generous with their advise and help.
ChelCass

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2014, 06:07:12 am »
Glad you found us Lisa. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2014, 07:26:21 am »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  Most of us are self taught.  I've been scrolling over 10 years and have been with this forum since the beginning and still learn things from my fellow members.  They are a great group of people.

lpoandl

« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2014, 07:17:07 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I am excited about finding Steve's site and realize I have so much to learn. Trust me I will be asking for help. I love to scroll saw and am presently working on many projects to sell in order to raise money for our Relay for Life team. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks again for the welcome!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2014, 05:42:52 am »
Hi Les, welcome to the forum, I'm Keith from Cornwall U.K.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Nbmartin

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2014, 02:30:21 pm »
New member from IL. Not sure how to post things yet, but I'll try a question. I like making wooden mugs,but not sure how to flatten a spot on the rings without doing all of them. Any help would be nice. Also, why doesn't Dewalt come with a lifting arm? Tired of hen pecking, gotta go.

Thanks

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2014, 02:37:22 pm »
 Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  8)

Nbmartin, I think questions might be better answered if seen in the category "General Scroll Saw Talk" instead of here where you introduce/talk about yourself.  
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:40:35 pm by Russ C »

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2014, 07:00:58 am »
Hi nbmartin and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

culrich

« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2014, 06:32:47 am »
Hello all, I am a new member from NJ and want to say to steve that I think you are an amazing scrollsaw worker!  I am new to this form of woodworking, just bought a Proxxon DSH/E saw and wanted to learn the correct way on using it, so I did a search and your site was the best, easiest to understand for me, and your projects are just amazing! So I just want to thank you for your contributions to this form of woodworking!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2014, 06:58:23 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you found us.

Wickedone16

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:31 pm »
Hello my name is Abrahan im not new to ur site but new to forum. Im 35 yrs of age n about 1 1/2 yrs ago I found a talent of mine that has been hiding for god knows how long. I had a wood from a bed that broke on us few days earlier I started writing my wife initials n looked at my saw (jigsaw at the time) I started cutting letters out n sanding n b4 I knew it was stained n completed n I enjoyed the time I spent doing it. when I gave it to my wife of 15yrs she was surprised I made it now I own a scroll saw n have done over 100 projects still need to improve my skill but there's always room for improvement. I look back at my first woodwork n smile cause it not as good as I first saw it well it wasn't perfect but it opened an interest. attached is my first work so we can smile together.

Wickedone16

« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2014, 01:52:17 pm »
Me again posting work from ur catalog a little modified using ur stencil maker just combined both patterns to fit my needs. Ive improved a bit but we can still smile..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:02:55 pm by Wickedone16 »

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »
Glad you found us Wickedone16. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)

Wickedone16

« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2014, 01:38:12 am »
Thanks for ur welcome Russ and I look forward to my experience and the knowledge I know will come from being a part of forum.

SMF

Teknoromi