Author Topic: Scroll Saw Cutting for Beginners Video's and Practice Guide  (Read 2616 times)

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
Scroll Saw Cutting for Beginners Video's and Practice Guide
« on: September 21, 2013, 02:28:34 pm »
I just completed a set of two video's to help out the newbies to scroll sawing. The video series includes a printable "Cutting Guide" that can be used for practice cutting and covers most of the different types of cuts that will be performed on a scroll saw.

Part 1 goes over the basics of pattern application, wood preparation and some insight on how to drill straight holes as well as preventing tear out during the drilling process. I recommend that everyone watch the part on preventing tear out while drilling.

Part 2 is much more hands on, and shows actual cutting of the practice guide with tips and tricks on how to handle the different types of cuts that newbie scrollers will be faced with. Some of you vets might even pick something up.

As with every thing, there are multiple ways to do things, these videos show the way's that have worked for me and should be a good starting point for beginners. For example, there are many ways to apply patterns, I'm simply showing the way I do it because it would take too much video to show other options. This doesn't mean it is the only way to do it, it's just the method I choose so feel free to look into other methods as well.

I can't post the video here so here's a link to my blog so you can view them.

http://www.scroll-saw-forum.com/p/scroll-saw.html

Bob

Offline BeginnerJerry

• View Profile
Re: Scroll Saw Cutting for Beginners Video's and Practice Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:16:58 pm »
Hey Bob, thanks for doing the tutorial. A very good presentation and clear close ups. You sure do beautiful work. Jerry

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 08:55:02 am »
For you newbies out there, I also recommend Sheila Landry's web site.  She has some excellent tutorials and close ups of her cuttings that really help.

ArnoldK

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:00:27 am »
Great videos.  Thanks for posting.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 12:52:27 am »
Link to Sheila Landry's "Class" on scrollsaw over at LumberJocks...

http://lumberjocks.com/scrollgirl/blog/series/4134

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi