Author Topic: How does he do it?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
How does he do it?
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:45 am »
Want to know how?

Read the Blog by
Steve Good today!

~~~GB~~~

scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: How does he do it?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:13 am »
Steve certainly deserves more than a cape.  He deserves a halo, a medal or two and a least a great big HUG from all of us.  Truth be told I am a lonly old widow out here on the prairies of North Dakota.  This group is what keeps me from stalking the coyotes and tracking the snakes.

Thanks Steve and everyone.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:02 am »
I'm with Judy!  Steve has done so much for the scroll saw community!  I give him a mountain of credit!  Way to go, Steve!  You are very much APPRECIATED by all of us! :D

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:17 pm »
Thanks you very much Steve
You have made a great change to my life.
With out this group my saw would probably in a corner collecting dust.
You have also gave me a lot of fantastic friends.
And thanks to all of you for helping him

slowcutter  Jack
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

stipes

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 12:38:51 pm »
I dont think he realize how many people he have helped with his vids. and got folks like me into scroll sawing. I hope he knows how much I appreciate him for doing that and also appreciate all you all in this forum that have helped me as well...

Mainewoods

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 01:34:18 pm »
If it weren't for Steve's blog and this forum, my scrollsaw wouldn't be getting used except on those rare occasions where I needed to cut something I couldn't get done with something else.  Plus, I've saved a lot of money----instead of buying gifts for family and friends, I'm now able to take a piece of wood that might be worth a couple bucks and turn it into a unique and cherished gift.  Thanks Steve!!!!

daliclimbs

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:18 pm »
I owe getting back into Scroll saw work to Steve. I used to scroll years ago. I let the saw collect dust and started woodturning. Then one day I stumbled across his pattern catalog. And that brought me back. I had truly forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Then I found this community and all its wonderful people. We all owe Steve bigtime for giving us this cyber realm to interact and build friendships. Thanks Steve!

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 02:39:21 pm »
Steve is more than just the creator of this workshop. He is a good person, honorable man and just plain loves people in general!!

Louis
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 02:56:29 pm »
The accolades are never ending, and well deserved!  Once again Steve, thanks for all you do for all of us.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SheGold

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »
I feel God has given Steve a gift and Steve wants to share it.. Personally I thank him for all that he does for us.. At times I need a bit of help and I can come to the blog and find it. Steve has given us a place to gather and to share, just like he does. My heartfelt thank you goes out to Steve for getting this little family going.. I would be lost without it... Love and Hugs to all and most of all to our favorite Steve... Sheila

Graywolf

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »
I can't say thank you enough or expres how much I appreciate Steve and every one here. I have only been scrolling about a year and with out Steves help I would be lost.

THANKS STEVE!!!

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »
I totally agree with everybody.  I love Steve's patterns and the Christmas ornaments have been a hit every year.   Thanks Steve!!
ChelCass

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »
One of the highlights of my day is getting on here and reading what others are saying and looking at the new work that is posted. Thanks Steve ;) ;)
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:00 pm »
Hats off to Steve he does a wonderful job of this forum as well as his patterns, I wouldn't be scrolling if I had not found his site
Thank you Steve
Jimbo

thumbs

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 06:45:13 am »
there isn't much more I can add to all the comments but as for myself, I start each and every day waiting for Steve's e-mail to arrive.  We couldn't have a better forum leader, mentor or friend. Please accept my heart felt thank you for all you do--Richard aka thumbs

SMF

Teknoromi