Author Topic: Foot Switch on DW788 Stand  (Read 1492 times)

ufgator

Foot Switch on DW788 Stand
« on: May 21, 2010, 06:53:21 pm »
Anyone mount a foot switch on the lower support on the Dewalt stand?  I am using a "C" clamp right now on that horizontal support. Not sure if that is the best place.  I using a tall stool and surely can't reach the floor.  I welcome all ideas. Thanks!

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

thumbs

Re: Foot Switch on DW788 Stand
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:57:37 pm »
hey Bill--I just built a box about 6 inches high with a stop block on the back to keep the switch from falling forward off the box--have had it this way for a couple of years and it works for me--Richard aka thumbs

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:36:22 am »
Have the foot switch on the lower support ( the front to back one) held down with double sided carpet tape. It is not right at the front. I can put both feet on the cross bar in front of it.
Pat B

ufgator

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »
Pat B; Thanks for the carpet tape idea.  I didn't give that a thought.  Great idea.

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Marshall

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:41:21 pm »
Mine is just set down off the shelf of the Dewalt and put on the floor and it always working good for me> no problem of it moving around  . And when I'm done for the day > I set it back on the shelf for the ease of clean-up ............Marshall.

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »
My foot switch is on the floor.  I can move it around to a more comfortable position.
best regards,

Bud Prine

SMF

Teknoromi