Author Topic: Scrap Wood?  (Read 5321 times)

patch

Re: Scrap Wood?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 10:59:19 pm »
I use other peoples scrap  it is disgusting what some people through out but I wouldn't tell them that  they might start using it

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 11:10:28 pm »
It's alright to keep scraps if you can remember what you have I had box's of them and put them to one side and forgot them I have since sent them away as fire wood and have started a nother scrap heap
Good luck with your hoarding
Jimbo

Wandascroller

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:38:30 pm »
Whow Patch wish I could get my hands on that scrap!!

cherie

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »
Patch, those are some pretty nice sized pieces of scrap there.  When can I get my share?

patch

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 05:56:55 am »
Cherie Just send your private Jet over and I will fill it up for you  ;) ;D :D 

patch

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 06:02:41 am »
Whow Patch wish I could get my hands on that scrap!!
you can Barbara  look up your local roof truss manufacture they normally will give you as much as you can carry or cabinet makers are good and kitchen makers
GOOD HUNTING       

Rightarm

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »
    I got my hands on some walnut scrap somebody threw out. Made some pretty nice mini-clocks out of it. I keep my scraps until I can't sand them anymore. Dave 8)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 10:04:48 pm »
Patch that is not scrap thats wood, big wood
Jimbo

Marshall

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »
Patch some nice scrap there , and you know when the scrap does get big enough we just have to start getting rid of it . Now I have been keeping a lot of scrap also > but when it starts getting to big such as real small pieces > there comes a time when we just have to get rid of it and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.  .....Marshall

Vince

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 08:55:19 am »
Folks: Any scrap wood in my shop turns into another project or is saw dust. Any one know how to turn saw dust back into good wood, it's getting deep in my shop. LOL

Vince

sp_343

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 09:22:13 pm »
I agree with Bud Prine...if it doesn't get sucked up...I toss it in a box.  I was surprised how many times I have gone to a scrap box to finish something.  I also use the "tiny" scraps for testing stains and poly finishes.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 09:32:59 pm »
I sort the different types of wood....birch, aspen etc. into seperate wastebaskets saying to myself, "these will be great in the deck firepit".  Course I haven't actually had the heart to burn them yet.
I'm from North Dakota

boxmaker

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 09:36:38 pm »
I have a hard time throwing out wood also, I started out with one cardboard box then a plastic tote then two plastic totes, but it's worth saving. The other day I was making 3 boxes that all used the same size pieces and I went to my lumber pile and pulled out a full board but before I cut it, I thought I would check my scrap bin, and I couldn't believe it, I found enough of the size I needed to make all three boxes. Hey another great place where I get cut offs is a place where they make flooring, They are also a sawmill so I buy my lumber there, and when I go there they tell me go ahead and pick through our scrap pile if you want, and I always do.

Edgar

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 06:23:13 am »
I do doll house furniture with my scrap wood.
Edgar

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 06:59:05 am »
Would you consider saw dust scrap wood. That is all I throw away.
 ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi