Author Topic: Aileens Tacky Glue....  (Read 2130 times)

shutterbugdm

Re: Aileens Tacky Glue....
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 07:33:29 pm »
Aileens avail at Michaels or Joann Fabrics

LHayes

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 09:54:07 pm »
Danny, I also have used the Aileens glue for about 20 years for light duty craft work.  But any thing larger....bandsaw boxes, etc. I use Titebond.  I was wondering why you were using Aileens instead of Titebond?  

Another good tacky glue is Weldbond...I use this all the time when gluing up scrolled bowls....tacky in a few seconds and cures clear.  I find it at Ace Hardware....white tall bottle witha red lable.

Larry

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:20 am »
Hey Larry....You know when you read posts about this n that and you keep coming across something different?  Well this Aileens Tacky Glue is used by many and it just interested me as I have never even heard of it.  Anyway as of today I still have not bought it and Yes I 100% believe in Titebond and have been using it for many years and just recently I bought the Weldbond and I think it is Great.  Later....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 11:01:34 pm »
Wonder if anyone knows how the yellow Lepages carpenters glue compare with titebond or weldbond?

Jim

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:33 am »
I've used Titebond 1 and 2 and they are good, but not as water proof as advertised. No experience with number 3. 1 &2 Not the best for out in the weather type uses. Gorilla glue is supposed to be realy good for that. However it foams and expands a lot and you have to stand right over it to clean it up before it sets. Once set it is TOUGH to clean up. If it gets on your clothes it's PERMANENT!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 10:38:53 am »
Never used Aileens Tacky Glue. I have always benn an Elmers or Titebond kind of guy.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi